Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo] Random restarts

zappahey

New member
Joined
Apr 21, 2010
Messages
101
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Has anyone else been suffering random restarts since updating to 3.0?

It's a stock installation and the only add-on is CCcam 2.3.0.

I have tried a re-install with no change to the symptoms, which are the screen going black, the VIX spinner and then getting Vu Duo on the box front panel. I think it's only the GUI that's restarting and not a full reboot.

There also doesn't seem to be a crash log, so no clues there.

Any ideas?
 
Enable debug logs and more detailed, and then upload one of the debug logs from the time it randomly restarts...


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
 
similar for me tbh - it sems to dislike 1channel and cant load ts panel as it has a 'bad magic number'
 
Hi,
concerning 1channel ask the author. It seems that the plugin is really unhappy when the stream is not correctly formated and gives a GS then. I saw a few videos without problems but also one or two with GS. Concerning TS Panel use 6.4 in mips32el version.

ciao
 
Trial thanks for the pointer over the 2 issues will have a go.
 
Enable debug logs and more detailed, and then upload one of the debug logs from the time it randomly restarts...


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I sent a couple of logs from the logs menu, cheers
 
This is still going on and I've just noticed, from the date stamps on the debug log files, that it seems to be at around the same time every evening. I'm not always there when it happens so I hadn't noticed the timing.

Here is the tail end if the debug log.

EPGC] Saving EPGCache.
[EPGC] store epg to realpath '/media/usb/epg.dat'
[EPGC] not enough free space at path '��4�v' 2309120 bytes availd but 25190990 needed
job Components.Task.Job name=EPG Cache Check #tasks=2 completed with [] in None
[SoftcamManager] CCcam_221 already running
[SoftcamManager] Checking if CCcam_221 is frozen
child has terminated
pipes closed
poll: unhandled POLLERR/HUP/NVAL for fd 64(16)
[SoftcamManager] CCcam_221 is responding like it should
job Components.Task.Job name=SoftcamCheck #tasks=1 completed with [] in None
child has terminated
pipes closed
poll: unhandled POLLERR/HUP/NVAL for fd 64(16)
PC: 004c6790
00000000 74fd1cff 00000000 75291744
00000000 00000006 00000070 00000008
00000000 00000040 50844459 00000005
00000000 00000000 00000110 00000000
74fd1d0a 50673aa4 0000000e 000000af
00007c13 00000a8c 01af5818 00000221
00000280 76e51070 00000008 00000000
006989d0 74fd1ae8 505f5a5a 004c66d8
As a final action, i will try to dump a bit of code.
I just hope that this won't crash.
004c6790: 05 00 44 90 2a 20 89 00 23 00 80 10 a8 85 99 8f 21 90 53 02 2a 10 57 02 8d ff 40 14 21 80 13 02 (end)
-------
Segmentation fault

Grateful for any ideas.

Sent using Tapatalk 2
 
Code:
EPGC] Saving EPGCache.
[EPGC] store epg to realpath '/media/usb/epg.dat'
[EPGC] not enough free space at path '��4�v' 2309120 bytes availd but 25190990 needed
Looks like you're running out of space.
 
Yes, I spotted that and I've moved the epg back to the hard drive. I'm pretty sure it was happening before as I only recently added the USB stick to move the picons out of flash and decided to move the epg also.

I'll see if moving the epg back to /media/hdd makes any difference.

Cheers
 
If you have an internal HDD, there's no harm in storing EPG there as it only gets read/written on start-up/shutdown/download.
I find my DUO a lot more stable with EPG on internal HDD.
I'd keep the picons on USB or internal flash though.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top