Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Random Service not found (sid not found in pat) errors

  • Thread starter Thread starter mattd
  • Start date Start date
M

mattd

Guest
Hi, I VU+ Uno box and live in the Czech Republic. I am somewhat new to the satellite world but consider myself fairly technologically capable. For the most part the Uno box has worked great but I am getting random tuning errors that are driving me crazy as I can't not figure out their cause or solution.
I have a motorized dish and usually switch between Skylink on 23.5 and Sky on 28.2. That all works fine but sometimes one of the satellite will just not tune in. I usually get the error "Service not found (sid not found in pat). Recently it has only been happening with Skylink. If i go to Satfinder it can find the satellite no problem but I still get the same error. I can move 28.2 then go back to 23.5 and it will still be the same problem. My only solution is to just turn off the box for a few hours or the night and it will work fine the next day.

I recently switched the tuning from USALS to Diseq tuning in case that was the problem but it did not help. It just happened again today. I watched Skylink on 23.5 no problem yesterday. I never switched it to a different satellite but when I turned it on today I got the damn service not found error. I have updated my channel list (Catseye) but this not help.

Can anyone give me any pointers on troubleshooting this? Could it be some problem with my motor? I about ready to call a satellite service guy but am still hoping i might be able to fix it on my own.

Thanks,

Matt
 
Have you at any time updated the FPGA for the receiver ? and if not i would recommend you do so then go from there.
 
As the problem seems to occur over night when the temp drops, you should also consider checking the LNB+ connections, as the Czech Republic isnt the most friendliest of places for outdoor tech.
 
Hi i had similar problem to you, i had to run my uno as a slave receiver
on loop out of my Spiderbox, but then i thought to download and flash
my box with the latest BH 1.7.8 image, and as suggested fpga upgrade
one this was done my box runs sweet now...worth a try
 
Thanks for the advice. I made sure the fpga was up to date but am still having the same problems.

I am wondering what changes for it to start working again. Usually it is working again in the morning if there were problems in the evening. I don't know so much about the motor but I am wondering if it somehow resets after a longer period of time. When it is not working doing a full restart of the box does not help.

The problems first started in the summer so I doubt it could be the temps but I will try to check it.
 
I have similar problems. I'm working on the DisEQc switch and my satellite set up. I have 3 dishes and it can take over 10 secs to switch from one sat to another. I get the message that tuner fails, but eventually it tunes in. Have set up a zap and then a record to make sure it works.Will try and check my DisEQc settings in the advanced settings of the tuner.
 
what is fpga ?

The FPGA is a firmware update for the chips that control the tuner cards on the uno and ultimo ( duo2 possibly as well ).

It is a nessecary update but only needs to be flashed once to each new revision when there is a update for the FPGA.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
 
I see, really clear.
I was interest because my father's DUO recently is having this very same issue. This only happens on all the sat channels present on HB13e on the 10853.44 frequency.
I've tried updating settings (usually he uses vannibal motor's since he has a 120cm motorized dish), and doing a receiver tune but neither had any effect.

btw, I sent debuglogs via VIX, hopefully Andy will read'em
 
Last edited:
unfortunately then the FPGA would be of no help to you as the Duo and Solo dont use it.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top