Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo] Really hoping someone can help here....

  • Thread starter Thread starter kawasakigtr
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kawasakigtr

Guest
Hi guys,

A friend of mines has just bought a VU+ Solo from the US, and asked me to update the software on it for him; why he didn't buy the Duo like I have to make things simpler for me i'll never know, but I took on the job regardless thinking it would be easy enough.
Now, i'm fairly new to the game after being away from a while so I spent a good bit of time reading on the forum here last night on how to flash the Solo before doing so but the results was not as expected...

First off I flashed with the 2.0 CFE bootloader, and then I flashed the box with the latest image v3.x as described in one of the articles here. All appeared to be well (green light flashing after 5mins) so I rebooted the box but then I got a black screen on my television. After further reading, I hooked up via a serial cable to the box & using putty connected to it so I could view the boot process. During the boot process I noticed errors related to "kernel tainted", and then at the end of the boot process it came up with an error along the lines of "kernel panic - not syncing: Fatal exception in interrupt" At this point, I honestly thought I'd bricked the box, but after lots of Googling I decided to flash the box again but with the Vix 2.4 image which has managed to get the box back up & running with an image.

Can anyone tell me what da heck is going on, what I've done wrong, or perhaps is the box maybe a Clone??? Does Clone boxes not support the latest Vix 3.x image? Honestly at this point I don't know, and would like some advice on how to proceed as I've experienced none of these issues with my own Duo which although is running a different box and is running a different image, the principles are the same surely?

Thanks for any help,

Kawasakigtr
 
Can you post up a pic of the box and innards and will be able to help you and establish whether genuine or clone.
 
It's a clone! I found a website that shows the differences between the 2 models and it's definitely a clone that he has. Not good!
 
in that case i'll close this thread as there is nothing we can do to help him.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top