Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Receiver crashes/reboots when playing some files (HEVC x265 mkv)

Cirrus

Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2017
Messages
43
Reaction score
0
Points
6
Age
59
When trying to play a video file (HEVC x265 mkv) the receiver crashes and reboots. Any idea on the cause and solution?
 
Thanks. Where do I find the file?
If not enabled and saved to hdd, then menu/system/logs/settings
enable, set to debug, save to hdd or usb, use local time

when it happens again, then post debug/crash log (or both) from hdd or usb
 
Hi, thanks for the help. Here are the links to the files. I hope you can open these. Let me know if not.


,
 
Hi, thanks for the help. Here are the links to the files. I hope you can open these. Let me know if not.


,

That image is so old! You need to update….its a mutant hd51 so has multiboot slots, so you can flash an image into another slot… I have to say that its so old 2017, you need to setup from scratch, a restore of a settings backup will probably cause issues.
 
That image is so old! You need to update….its a mutant hd51 so has multiboot slots, so you can flash an image into another slot… I have to say that its so old 2017, you need to setup from scratch, a restore of a settings backup will probably cause issues.
Ok I'll have to look up how to set up another image/multiboot. I've not updated it as I had it working just how I wanted so didn't want to mess with it further 🙂
 
Ok I'll have to look up how to set up another image/multiboot. I've not updated it as I had it working just how I wanted so didn't want to mess with it further 🙂
Can understand that desire but so much has changed in that timeframe!
 
Can understand that desire but so much has changed in that timeframe!
Ok, I'll take a look 😃

After a quick search it seems that openvix does not support multiboot but found this thread for a fix? Is this still the best way to do it?

 
Ok, I'll take a look 😃

After a quick search it seems that openvix does not support multiboot but found this thread for a fix? Is this still the best way to do it?

That post is from 2017, eight and a half years ago. PLease follow twol's advice.
 
Ok, I'll take a look 😃

After a quick search it seems that openvix does not support multiboot but found this thread for a fix? Is this still the best way to do it?

The hd51 was the 1 st true multiboot box, and we supported that feature almost immediately
 
Thanks All,

I tried to install the new image using the steps from this thread, https://world-of-satellite.com/threads/how-to-flash-a-second-image-as-multiboot.59546/

steps below:

1) FTP zip file of chosen image to your storage device, will be something like media/hdd/imagebackups
2) Blue button > ViX > Image Manager > Select the image you want to flash > Press Blue button or OK.
3) You will be prompted to choose a slot. Slot 1 will be your current booting image.
4) Ensure you choose an image that supports Multiboot such as ATV or PLi.

but when I select the zip file in step 2 I just get a icon in the top right (circle with line though it) and the VIX logo spinning for a moment. The file I have is from this list (6 7 020 multi)
Any help appreciated
 
Again - you're looking at threads that are 8 years old. If you are still on that 5.x image, then maybe extract the zip file to a USB flash drive and flash it manually. Afterwards, use the menu system to set up the multiboot partitions. After that you can use the image manager to download and flash future images from Vix or ATV etc.
 
Last edited:
Thanks All,

I tried to install the new image using the steps from this thread, https://world-of-satellite.com/threads/how-to-flash-a-second-image-as-multiboot.59546/

steps below:

1) FTP zip file of chosen image to your storage device, will be something like media/hdd/imagebackups
2) Blue button > ViX > Image Manager > Select the image you want to flash > Press Blue button or OK.
3) You will be prompted to choose a slot. Slot 1 will be your current booting image.
4) Ensure you choose an image that supports Multiboot such as ATV or PLi.

but when I select the zip file in step 2 I just get a icon in the top right (circle with line though it) and the VIX logo spinning for a moment. The file I have is from this list (6 7 020 multi)
Any help appreciated
Normally I would not do this so please in future keep up to date and use ImageManager on the new image to flash the next version.
So open a putty telnet session using the box IP address, root and your password, then paste the following command and follow the instructions selecting Mutant & hd51 and a different image slot- then set image up again

wget --no-check-certificate -O install_vix.sh http://www.willobuild.net/files/scripts/install_vix.sh && bash install_vix.sh
 
Hello twol,

I appreciate your help. If I select a different image slot, then my original V5 image will still remain, right? My concern is that I have a couple of plugins that I don't want to lose and I'm not sure if they are still available of work with the new image.

Cheers
 
Hello twol,

I appreciate your help. If I select a different image slot, then my original V5 image will still remain, right? My concern is that I have a couple of plugins that I don't want to lose and I'm not sure if they are still available of work with the new image.

Cheers
Slots are not connected, so flashing a new slot will not impact any other slot
Out of interest which plugins?
 
Slots are not connected, so flashing a new slot will not impact any other slot
Out of interest which plugins?

Thanks. So this is like a new install of the software on the HDD? Would old recordings be accessable by the new version? Or is this a new firmware or something else? I've tried to search up what the the actual install of VIX actually means and what is meant by "image" vs software thats installed but I could not find any useful info. The user guides don't go into this detail and none of the searches I made provide the answer. I'd really like to understand the technicalities a bit more.

For the plugins, I use
  • Infobar TunerState
  • PermanantVfdClock
  • OpenWebif
There are a few others but these are the crital ones for me
 
Thanks. So this is like a new install of the software on the HDD? Would old recordings be accessable by the new version? Or is this a new firmware or something else? I've tried to search up what the the actual install of VIX actually means and what is meant by "image" vs software thats installed but I could not find any useful info. The user guides don't go into this detail and none of the searches I made provide the answer. I'd really like to understand the technicalities a bit more.

For the plugins, I use
  • Infobar TunerState
  • PermanantVfdClock
  • OpenWebif
There are a few others but these are the crital ones for me
Openwebif is always there…the other 2 are still downloadable
Everything is still there but might need adding or configuring…old recordings will still be there
 
Thanks again, I'll try it over the weekend when I have some time in case anything goes wrong :)
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top