Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Receivers with DTS-HD MA and Dolby TrueHD passthrough

Rennet

New member
Joined
Dec 12, 2024
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hello. I know Octagon SF8008 does DTS-HD Master Audio passthrough to the AVR (I mean HD output, I’m not talking about core DTS). It also can do TrueHD downmix but no passthrough. The same with VU+ receivers.

Does anyone know which Enigma2 receiver does Dolby TrueHD passthrough as well as DTS-HD MA passthrough?
 
Buy a dedicated Media Player, i use a nVidia Shield Pro, plays al video and audio codecs (Kodi Player), it's build for that, satellite recievers are limited for use as media player.
 
Buy a dedicated Media Player, i use a nVidia Shield Pro, plays al video and audio codecs (Kodi Player), it's build for that, satellite recievers are limited for use as media player.

Thanks, I know. But the Nvidia Shield is unable to record channels.

Well, I've discovered something very interesting. Please, take a look at it:



What do you think?

As you can see, Octagon SF8008 shows "Stereo" (downmix) while with Zgemma H9. 2S the AVR display shows "Dolby TrueHD".

Could this be the only Enigma2 receiver that does Dolby TrueHD passthrough?
 
190 views and surprisingly only 1 comment.

No one here has a Zgemma H9?
 
Probably because enigma receivers are mainly used for terrestrial, satellite or IP TV programme viewing and none really carry HD audio such as you are trying to play. Just because the receiver can run Kodi doesn't mean that you should install it and expect it to support the modes that a dedicated media player would. I don't try to run Kodi on my receivers. I use an Odroid N2+ media player and an AVR to play my multichannel audio and it handles DTS-MA and Dolby TrueHD just fine. However, it won't decode Dolby Vision even though my TV will handle it from streaming services. For Blu-ray Dolby Vision I have to use a separate dedicated player.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top