Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Recording data synch size and demux buffer size

stick50jr

ViX Beta Tester ,
Joined
Sep 18, 2010
Messages
708
Reaction score
4
Points
18
Location
AUSTRALIA
G'day fellas,

I've been experiencing problems with my dual tuner usb dtt sticks which do not manifest themselves immediately. The tuners seem to work okay for several hours but I often find that one or both dtt tuners provides a black/blank picture when I come back to it.

I've disabled the Vix dtt drivers and tried using the ItalySat dtt installer. No improvement. I then swapped the Hauppauge Nova TD for an Avermedia TwinStar and am using this with the ItalySat dtt install. Still the same symptom.

Most recently I've tried increasing the 'Recording demux buffer size' which seems to extend the time between the problems!

So maybe I'm on the right track but I have no understanding of the purpose of these recording demux buffer and data synch settings. The settings are provided, so someone must have seen fit to make them available and must understand what they do and under what circumstances they should be adjusted?

So, is anyone able to comment on these settings and how they influence performance and stability of the image?

cheers
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top