Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

recording files and tuner connections

I have an old Vu Duo and pic quality is much better than 8500. Not that the 8500 is bad but.....just the Duo has better resolution, sharpness, vibrance.

Standing up against wall with tin hat on.
I've got both a solo se in bedroom and et8500, no difference in pq on either on hd. Sd is crap on any receiver and latest model tv's imo.

I use 2x sat tuner and 2x hybrid tuner and never had any issues with tuner. Have daily timers recording and daily Abm scans.

My preference would be Et8500 all day long, better spec and more versatile. Comes down to personal preference imo. Btw both receivers use the same cpu.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I've got both a solo se in bedroom and et8500, no difference in pq on either on hd. Sd is crap on any receiver and latest model tv's imo.

I use 2x sat tuner and 2x hybrid tuner and never had any issues with tuner. Have daily timers recording and daily Abm scans.

My preference would be Et8500 all day long, better spec and more versatile. Comes down to personal preference imo. Btw both receivers use the same cpu.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What about specialist support and development for ET8500/ all Extrend range, are there dedicated ones like VU+ Community or similar?
How reliable is the hardware as this is the first time I have come across Extrend since seeing this forum compared to VU?
 
What about specialist support and development for ET8500/ all Extrend range, are there dedicated ones like VU+ Community or similar?
How reliable is the hardware as this is the first time I have come across Extrend since seeing this forum compared to VU?

OpenXTA is Xtrend only, they do have a forum. All depends what image you settle for. Openvix, openatv, openpli, openxta and more.

All manufacturers have their good and bad. I never had an Xtrend or vu fail on me.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
OpenXTA is Xtrend only, they do have a forum. All depends what image you settle for. Openvix, openatv, openpli, openxta and more.

All manufacturers have their good and bad. I never had an Xtrend or vu fail on me.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well there a a lot of receivers out there, some known some unknown, as along as it dose what you want it to do
 
Well there a a lot of receivers out there, some known some unknown, as along as it dose what you want it to do

Xtrend has been around for just as long if not longer than Vu+.
 
Xtrend has been around for just as long if not longer than Vu+.

I have just order the ET8500 triple Terestrial tuner version, purely as a freeview channel recorder, with latest Vix image.
I have gone for with out internal drive as I have an external 2TB usb drive.

Are there any set up instructions and how to use the device and PVR?
 
Here is a recording for you.

Hi How did you do this, I'm having problems transferring recordings to external USB drive?

My System is setup to record on to external USB drive initialised/formated by the unit and I want to copy/move the .ts recordings another external USB drive which is formatted to NTFs as I want to play it on other media players etc

The PVR will not detect my other USB drive that I want to copy/transfer to?
 
Last edited:

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top