I have marked this post item as "possible bug", as I don't consider it a support question, however it may be an improvement opportunity, as the code is I am sure working to its design parameters
Sometimes the Cross EPG downloader updates do not match the actual programming (schedule changes) - even when you re-run the Cross EPG Updater manually, not normally a problem, and reasonably infrequent.
When this does happen the EPG will say one thing and when you zap to the channel you find something else is on, however the satellite stream provides the up to date info or detail on what the program is for the ViX platform, and ViX will then display the updated program details in the info / info2 screens - Great.
Now you decide to record this item - as happened with the recent reschedule of the GAA semi-final - the EPG was incorrect as the replay was "unplanned" so the EPG contained the original programming, nevertheless the event was broadcast live (on RTE2 Sat 05 Sept), and once "zapped" ViX had the progam info - Great again.
Now press "record" and select "Stop recording after current event" - Great you think!! Unfortunately, the recording algorithms appear to use the EPG data, and not the stream data, so the program recording stopped after the ending of scheduled EPG event that was part way through at the time, rather than the "current" live event - data in satellite stream.
From time to time I see schedule changes and the EPG does not have them - no worries, but there are times like above when it could be helpful to use stream data? I know some of you will be thinking "well just select continue recording until stopped" - well I will - next time!!
Thanks as always to all you guys
Sometimes the Cross EPG downloader updates do not match the actual programming (schedule changes) - even when you re-run the Cross EPG Updater manually, not normally a problem, and reasonably infrequent.
When this does happen the EPG will say one thing and when you zap to the channel you find something else is on, however the satellite stream provides the up to date info or detail on what the program is for the ViX platform, and ViX will then display the updated program details in the info / info2 screens - Great.
Now you decide to record this item - as happened with the recent reschedule of the GAA semi-final - the EPG was incorrect as the replay was "unplanned" so the EPG contained the original programming, nevertheless the event was broadcast live (on RTE2 Sat 05 Sept), and once "zapped" ViX had the progam info - Great again.
Now press "record" and select "Stop recording after current event" - Great you think!! Unfortunately, the recording algorithms appear to use the EPG data, and not the stream data, so the program recording stopped after the ending of scheduled EPG event that was part way through at the time, rather than the "current" live event - data in satellite stream.
From time to time I see schedule changes and the EPG does not have them - no worries, but there are times like above when it could be helpful to use stream data? I know some of you will be thinking "well just select continue recording until stopped" - well I will - next time!!
Thanks as always to all you guys
