A
ashhinton
Guest
Hello
I've been having some remote control weirdness.
All is well for a while, then at random times when skipping forward in a recording it will jump back like I've pressed the key to skip back a few mins.
Sometimes when scrolling down a menu, the EPG, or recordings it will jump up a line or act if I've pressed the OK button. The odd thing is, it's random. The Duo2 behaves itself then, randomly, has a fit of uncooperative behaviour.
It's better than when I first got the box: originally flashed to Black Hole, it was like some random ghost was constantly pressing other buttons when I used the remote.
Spoke to a very helpful chap at World of Satellte who advised flashing to Vix, switching off LCD4Linux, making sure it wasn't being interfered by the plasma TV, etc. actually it doesn't seem to matter if it's in a cupboard or directly under the TV..
Anyway all is mostly ok-ish except at the most random times. I certainly think it's worse during bright sunlight but at other times it can run fine from early evening with the sun setting on the living room until darkness, but other times the remote is like its possessed.
Is there anything I can switch on, log wise, to see if anything is running which might cause the remote to work so poorly? It would be easy to just note the times when it happens and correlate with logs.
Is driving me mad as it's the only bad thing about an otherwise brilliant bit of kit.
Thanks,
Ashley
I've been having some remote control weirdness.
All is well for a while, then at random times when skipping forward in a recording it will jump back like I've pressed the key to skip back a few mins.
Sometimes when scrolling down a menu, the EPG, or recordings it will jump up a line or act if I've pressed the OK button. The odd thing is, it's random. The Duo2 behaves itself then, randomly, has a fit of uncooperative behaviour.
It's better than when I first got the box: originally flashed to Black Hole, it was like some random ghost was constantly pressing other buttons when I used the remote.
Spoke to a very helpful chap at World of Satellte who advised flashing to Vix, switching off LCD4Linux, making sure it wasn't being interfered by the plasma TV, etc. actually it doesn't seem to matter if it's in a cupboard or directly under the TV..
Anyway all is mostly ok-ish except at the most random times. I certainly think it's worse during bright sunlight but at other times it can run fine from early evening with the sun setting on the living room until darkness, but other times the remote is like its possessed.
Is there anything I can switch on, log wise, to see if anything is running which might cause the remote to work so poorly? It would be easy to just note the times when it happens and correlate with logs.
Is driving me mad as it's the only bad thing about an otherwise brilliant bit of kit.
Thanks,
Ashley
