J
juanca2000
Guest
hello All
I have noted that the icon in the front pannel display for tuner B was on several times while no recording or none of my devices was using it locally or remotely.
I have usually rebooted device to interrump that connection but it will come back later on. Now I am quite convinced that someone has managed to find my device and is using it.
As I first step and as I have also very limited knowledge of linus/network I have changed the password of the rooter and wifi, changed the port in the rooter that is used to find my box in the network but the intrusion is still happening.
I have no idea how they could find me and my box and what to do to avoid them to enter and use the box.
Is there a step by step procedure for newbies on how to secure the box and avoid not autorised use of it?
I have not been able to change password of the box and one breach is that I am still using the default password.
I think it will be usefull to all if someone could build a step by step procedure on how to secure your device even for remote use (I am using the new app recently published on google play, should I not?)
Thanks to all of you for your input/links or any information that could help me to blocks those accessing my box.
I have noted that the icon in the front pannel display for tuner B was on several times while no recording or none of my devices was using it locally or remotely.
I have usually rebooted device to interrump that connection but it will come back later on. Now I am quite convinced that someone has managed to find my device and is using it.
As I first step and as I have also very limited knowledge of linus/network I have changed the password of the rooter and wifi, changed the port in the rooter that is used to find my box in the network but the intrusion is still happening.
I have no idea how they could find me and my box and what to do to avoid them to enter and use the box.
Is there a step by step procedure for newbies on how to secure the box and avoid not autorised use of it?
I have not been able to change password of the box and one breach is that I am still using the default password.
I think it will be usefull to all if someone could build a step by step procedure on how to secure your device even for remote use (I am using the new app recently published on google play, should I not?)
Thanks to all of you for your input/links or any information that could help me to blocks those accessing my box.
