Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo2] Remote recording or viewing from phone

crx

New member
Joined
May 29, 2014
Messages
235
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
46
Hi Guys,

I'm sure this has been asked a million times infact I've probably asked before but....... is there anyway to set recordings etc and possibly view remotely from another device (ie Phone) that's not connected to the same network. I have downloaded the vu app and can do both these things while connected to network but not when I away from the house.

Many thanks for any help in advance (simple terms would be a benefit lol)
 
Last edited:
Hi,
you need 3 things:
1. a full IP-V4 internet connection which means not a lite version behind a NAT.
2. a DDNS service or a fixed IP for your home.
3. upload of at least 1MBit/sec the more the better.

If all 3 are valid best option is to create a VPN connection between phone and home network. Other way would be some port forwardings.

It is not so difficult if 1-3 are fulfilled.

ciao
 
How would I know if ive got a a full IP-V4 internet connection? I know upload speeds are fine.

Thanks
 
How would I know if ive got a a full IP-V4 internet connection? I know upload speeds are fine.

Thanks

what he means is that you need a public routable IP address.

check on websites like speedtest.net what IP address is being shown and then check if that is the public IP on your internet router.

you can also use Plex to securely remotely view your STB. works pretty well on mobile and tablets.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top