Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ET7x00] Remote Stream Channel Converter and master hard disk

George Kildare

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2014
Messages
188
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I have an Xtrend ET10000 as master connected to an Xtrend ET7000 as slave via the remote stream channel converter. This works extremely well. Many thanks.

Is it possible to replay recordings from my ET10000 hard disk on my ET7000 slave? If not, might that be considered as a future option?
 
That can already be done via Network share etc. You would need to install Samba etc then the ET7000 can watch anything recorded stored on the ET10000.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I still cannot get this to work.

After connecting the 2 boxes using Remote Channel Stream Converter and fallback box, I installed Samba on the 2 boxes/ I then mounted the hard disk from the ET10000 on the ET7000 slave as its hdd vis nfs.When I try and save a backup from the ET7000, I get the message that the remote disk has something wrong with its formatting. There are several parameters that i don't quite understand and may have got wrong. Is nfs the correct mount format or should it be enigma? What does Samba get me? Ift the boxes are connected via Remote channel stream, is it possible to simultaneously mount the hard disk?

Are there instructions anywhere that explain what parameters to use?

Very many thanks.
 
Enigma is Ext4. You would need to install the NTFS drivers/software from the plugin feeds. I always use Ext4 as its what e2 is used to and performs flawlessly.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Unfortunately I still seem to have problems.

I installed the NFS utility on both boxes.
In <Network><Mount Manager> AddNew Mountpoint> I mounted the ET10000 using "enigma" and "use as hard disk"
It seems to be active (yellow nfs) in Mount Viewer

When I then go to
<Vix> <Mount Manager> <Set up Mounts> there is nothing there.
When I then go to <Backup Manager> I get the message that "There is a problem with this device. Please reformat it and try again"

Any idea what I am doing wrong?
 
Here are the present settings and automounts files of the ET7000, in case they help. I can edit them if necessary.
 

Attachments

Settings file

config.backupmanager.backupdirs=['/etc/enigma2/', '/etc/fstab', '/etc/hostname', '/etc/network/interfaces', '/etc/passwd', '/etc/shadow', '/etc/etc/shadow', '/etc/resolv.conf', '/etc/ushare.conf', '/etc/inadyn.conf', '/etc/tuxbox/config/', '/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf', '/usr/softcams/', '/etc/auto.network', '/usr/crossepg/providers', '/etc/samba', '/usr/keys']
config.backupmanager.backuplocation=/media/hdd/
config.epg.histminutes=0
config.imagemanager.backuplocation=/media/hdd/
config.misc.firstrun=False
config.misc.initialchannelselection=False
config.misc.languageselected=False
config.misc.startCounter=9
config.misc.videowizardenabled=False
config.movielist.last_videodir=/media/hdd/
config.osd.alpha=255
config.osd.dst_height=560
config.osd.dst_left=15
config.osd.dst_top=5
config.osd.dst_width=687
config.plugins.ChannelsImporter.enableSchedule=True
config.plugins.ChannelsImporter.extensions=True
config.plugins.ChannelsImporter.importEPG=True
config.plugins.ChannelsImporter.importOnRestart=True
config.plugins.ChannelsImporter.ip=192.168.178.17
config.plugins.ChannelsImporter.passive=True
config.plugins.ChannelsImporter.setupFallback=True
config.plugins.epgsearch.numorbpos=0
config.softwareupdate.updatelastcheck=1516726966
config.tv.lastroot=1:7:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:FROM BOUQUET "bouquets.tv" ORDER BY bouquet;1:7:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:FROM BOUQUET "userbouquet.ebe4a.tv" ORDER BY bouquet:Day Favorites ;
config.tv.lastservice=1:0:19:4BC9:832:600:FFFF0000:0:0:0:
config.usage.date.compact=%-d %b
config.usage.date.compressed=%-d%b
config.usage.date.displayday=%a %-d %b
config.usage.remote_fallback=http://192.168.178.17:8001
config.usage.remote_fallback_enabled=True
 
I have run a file system check on the ET10000 master hard disk and something seems to be wrong..

This gives the message
Error: /dev/sda1:UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY; RUN fsck MANUALLY (i.e., without -a or -p options)

However, everything seems to be working OK on the ET10000. I can access movies and backups.
I am inclined to skip running fsck unless I have to for fear of messing up the whole disk.
Has anybody advice?

.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top