Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo2] Replacement Hard Drive

avi68

Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2013
Messages
307
Reaction score
0
Points
16
Hi everyone,

I didnt know where to post this question, so if its in the wrong place could an admin please move it?

Currently I have a Vu Duo as my main box but I am thinking of upgrading it to a Vu Duo 2. Now I plan to purchase this box from the sponsor but I am looking to add a 2TB internal hard drive instead of a 1TB. Now my question, can the Duo 2 support anything bigger than a 1TB drive and what specific drive does it have to be e.g. seagate/WD, 5400 rpm or 7000 rpm?

Sorry if these seem like stupid questions but Id rather double check things before I go ahead and take the plunge.

I was looking at this drive: http://www.ebuyer.com/719746-wd-blue-2tb-3-5-sata-desktop-hard-drive-wd20ezrz
Would this be sufficient and quiet to run in the box? (I think WD have stopped selling the green drives as I was thinking of getting that)

Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks all :)
 
is a perfect disk.Vu duo2 supports up to 3 TB disks.
 
i am running 3TB Toshiba 3.5" 5600rpm drives in my Duo2 and ET10k receivers and they are both working perfect :thumbsup:

that HD you are thinking of getting will be fine they also do a 3TB version, i also bought mine from the same place but went for the Toshiba's as WD where not making the Blue Drives when i got mine last year
 
Last edited:
Thanks guys :)

They're not selling the green drives anymore so the alternative was the blue drive.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top