Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Ultimo4K] Req better support for 480p

lincsat

ViX Beta Tester
Joined
May 3, 2011
Messages
871
Reaction score
19
Points
18
Any chance of improving scaling for 480p IPTV feeds?

Currently, 480p (704*480) is displayed squished into a letterbox, see pic. A 504p (896*504) stream displays properly. A deinterlaced USA SD feed is 480p, so there are several around

480p.webp
 
Hi,
What are your video settings? Have you tried the auto resolution settings? 480p normally also needs 30Hz. Do you have a free example feed?

ciao
 
That stream is 480p30. I have tried all the Auto Resolution but that appears to only support 480/576p24.

The only free feed that I had stored has been down for a while, many pay servers (both official and unofficial) have 480p channels, especially if they have a "Canada" section
 
That stream is 480p30. I have tried all the Auto Resolution but that appears to only support 480/576p24.
Not exactly the same, but I've found a 480p30 mp4 file, downloaded it an put it on my box (Xtrend et8000).
I normally run with Auto-resolution disabled (works well for me). That displays the file OK.

If I enable auto-resolution and play the file then after a screen "blink" it reports the file is 480p30 and it will display it as 1080p30. Which also looks OK.
 
Hi,
do you have a file which makes also this problem? Perhaps you can share this so that we can take a look.

ciao
 
OK, I've recorded part of a stream and upped it to my Google Drive

Code:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WgQH0MXjQroXHgrB-d3oiSw9pAIZ2ZI0/view?usp=sharing
 
That clip is letterboxed ie the resolution is 480 pixels including the bars top and bottom so the box is playing it correctly. As they say garbage in -> garbage out.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top