Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo SE] Request to add hardware info for network module.

kalel-2

New member
Joined
Oct 29, 2019
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Points
1
I would like to use an ehternet dongle using Realtek rtl8153 chip with my VU+ Solo SE v2. This to get faster transfer rates to and from the VU+ box.

I have found out that the driver for rtl8150 works with the rtl8153.
In order to use the rtl8153 a line has to be added to the file:

/lib/modules/3.13.5/modules.alias

so that linux loads rtl8150 driver to use rtl8153 hardware.

Adding the following line allows me to use the dongle:

alias usb:v0BDAp8153d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in* rtl8150

May I request that the development team add the line in the file modules.alias in upcoming vix image releases.

Best Regards
Kalel in Sweden
 
Doesn't the r8152 driver handle rtl8153?

Code:
https://discourse.osmc.tv/t/realtek-rlt8153-usb-ethernet-adapter-not-working-after-upgrade/90824/8

EDIT: when I plug my rtl8153 dongle into my laptop, it's r8152 that gets loaded.
 
I would like to use an ehternet dongle using Realtek rtl8153 chip with my VU+ Solo SE v2. This to get faster transfer rates to and from the VU+ box.

I have found out that the driver for rtl8150 works with the rtl8153.
In order to use the rtl8153 a line has to be added to the file:

/lib/modules/3.13.5/modules.alias

so that linux loads rtl8150 driver to use rtl8153 hardware.

Adding the following line allows me to use the dongle:

alias usb:v0BDAp8153d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in* rtl8150

May I request that the development team add the line in the file modules.alias in upcoming vix image releases.

Best Regards
Kalel in Sweden


When further intvestigating this matter I find that the hardware alias for RTL8153 is erranously pointing to cdc-ether and to r815x

alias usb:v0BDAp8153d*dc*dsc*dp*ic02isc06ip00in* cdc_ether
and
alias usb:v0BDAp8153d*dc*dsc*dp*ic02isc06ip00in* r815x

I guess that is the reason for not loading the correct driver.

After adding the line

alias usb:v0BDAp8153d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in* rtl8150

the dongle works like charm at 2.5 times the speed as the builtin ethernet hardware

/Kalel
 
Last edited:

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top