Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo2] Restart Gui No NETWORK?

  • Thread starter Thread starter shadowman007
  • Start date Start date
S

shadowman007

Guest
Ok am having a problem every time I do a "Restart Gui" I don't have any network connection it's only when I do a full restart/reboot I get the network connection back? What could be causing this problem?
 
Have you already lost the connection before the GUI restart?
 
Have you already lost the connection before the GUI restart?

No the connection is working fine before GUI restart it's things like when I change the skin and the box needs to do a GUI restart and when it comes back I have no connection or when I myself from the remote do a GUI restart I don't have any connection have to do a reboot to get connection back.
 
You'll need to provide us with some more details (exact steps that cause this), what you are using for the connection (WiFi, LAN, etc) and a debug log.
 
You'll need to provide us with some more details (exact steps that cause this), what you are using for the connection (WiFi, LAN, etc) and a debug log.

Am using LAN also how do I get a debug log? never done it before.
 
Setup debug logs in menu -> setup -> system -> logs.
 
Hi,

I'm getting this problem too, Duo2 box hades.012
As described above if you restart gui you get no network access, I've attached the debug logs - first log is a normal boot up where the network works, 2nd and 3rd are after selecting Restart Gui.

Before enabling the logging (but while the network wasn't working) I performed a network test and it said IP address 'unconfirmed' so I tried setting the IP address manually rather than using DHCP and now the network test goes through OK but I can't connect to the box over the network, pinging the box will get about 8 request timed out and two replies,

Weird thing is, the Duo2 box is plugged into a Airport express (in wireless bridge mode) with a raspberry PI and once you restart the GUI it also prevent access to my pi. choosing Menu / Standby / Restart / Restart restores access to the Duo2 and my pi.
 

Attachments

Ignore my previous post, I worked out what my issue is, I left left tcpdump while restarting the GUI and found what was causing the problem, there was a crazy amount of these packets being transmitted and killing my network.
Code:
167418	41.572709	192.168.3.10	172.16.1.1	UDP	70	Source port: 49754  Destination port: 28007
and when I looked at the details it mentioned mgcamd, oops

I had tried flashing it without restoring my settings, but had installed mgcamd :eek:

Removing "enigma2-plugin-softcams-mgcamd138" resolves the issues, probably something wrong with my config but not an issue with hades.012

Apologies :)

*edit*
It was the log option in my mg_cfg file, turned it off and all is sorted.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top