Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Restore Backed up Vix Image to other Identical Vu box

sledge121

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2012
Messages
204
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Stockport
I just flashed my first Vu+ from scratch with 3.0.245, took me ages and lots of reading to work out all the extra stuff I needed to do to get it how I wanted with Crossepg/ bouquets etc. I need to configure a couple of identical boxes for friends but don’t want to spend the same amount of time, can I create an image backup of mine and flash this image to the other two boxes. If I do this do I follow the same process as if I were flashing one with a fresh image by booting the Vu with the usb drive attached or do I need to flash the Vix image first then restore my backed up image from within the Vix menu.

The next question is, if the two other Vu boxes need a bootflash upgrade would flashing them with my backed up image incorporate the bootflash upgrade or would I need to do this as a seperate process.
 
Hi,
1. boot loader must be flashed seperate
2. no problem to flash the backup image of box A to box B it is the same process as flashing a new ViX but it must be the same type of box

If you want to prepare boxes for friend do not forget that flashing a back image contains ALL settings also passwords and plugin settings.

ciao
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top