Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[GiGaBlue QUAD] SAMBA problem in ver 773?

  • Thread starter Thread starter danop
  • Start date Start date
D

danop

Guest
I made a USB flash of ver 3.0.766 and is now running 3.0.773.

I realized I was not able to "see" my boxes in windows anymore, and try to locate why.
Tried to remove the SAMBA service, and activated the service again, but I still cannot see the boxes in Windows.
However the netinterface is working in Chrome entering the IP of the box.
I attach the SAMBA log, and see some faults which I dont understand.
 

Attachments

Hi,

I'm also on v733 with a Quad. I have mapped drives on my XP and Win 7 machines to the HDD in my Quad and both are working fine. I know that doesn't really help you, but it may well be an issue with your image rather than a general bug. Due to the Video Mode changes I did a full flash with v766 and didn't restore any previous settings files, and my box has ran perfectly since then.

GAH
 
Have you put your PC's workgroup in the smb.conf file in /etc/samba/

Change the line workgroup = ViX
to workgroup = MSHOME
and restart the box.

Check first - in your PC Control Panel > System is your PC's workgroup = MSHOME.
 
Thanks a lot!
Connected via Telnet and changed to rigt workgroup. Mission accomplished!
 
Thank you for this, been trying to samba working on my Duo2 and Win7 for ages, my network was called 'WORKGROUP' :thumbsup:
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top