Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Satellite and Channel Sorting Plugins

Sanjhere

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Oct 21, 2011
Messages
195
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Good Morning Everyone,

Although I have had a VU+UNO receiver for sometime now, I originally had help setting it all up and am only now just getting to grips with sendings files across to the box, updating images, downloading and such like.

Having updated to the New VIX Image, I now need to set up my satellite again along with the channels and things.

I used Catseye previously but I have seen other Satellite and Channel sorting Plugins.

I have a 1m motorised dish and a VU+Uno receiver.

Can anyone suggest an easy to use Satellite and Channel plugin?

An Idiot's Guide errrrr Dummies Guide as to what Folder this set should be transferred to via FILEZILLA will also be of immense help, for example VAR/Enigma as I have forgotten where the files should be saved to. I had printed the instructions previously but this has disappeared.

Apologies if this question has been asked previously.

As always all replies and suggestions will be gratefully acknowledged.

Thank you kindly!

Sanj
 
Dreambox edit is a easy to use program, ( ideal for sending channel listings to the unit )
 
Hello Basil,

Hope you are enjoying your weekend?

I will download dreambox edit.

What program would you suggest do that the satellites and channels are sorted and easy to use on the receiver and TV?
 
do you mean channel listings?? such as Catseye listings?? if so thats your choice really
 
Yes, catseye listings,

There are others on the forums?

What folder do they get saved in to transfer to the receiver please Basil?
 
I think you need to do some reading before you end up trashing your setup

Answers given by anyone here on the forum, are advice only, and not necessarily accurate

the fact you ask "there are others" suggest to me that you need to slow down, also its not good forum etiquette to ask a particular member a question, others here are as good, and in many cases better

to start you off,

within plugins ( downloadable via your unit ) are several options only use the ones that you know what the plugin does

settings is a section within the plugin down loadable list, within this section are various channel listings written by various people but all do the same job, in this case I will use "Catseye" as an example
once its installed on your unit, the bouquet ( blue button ) will allow you to choose what you want to watch, ( if you have the subscription to allow this ) after a time, these "settings" will need updating,

this is done by downloading the latest catseye settings from this forum or where ever else, you the need to use a compatible software to upload the new listings to your unit,

there are "stickys" in the various sections of the forum, you need to find them via a search, then read them, to understand what you need to do
 
Hello Basil,

You are right.

I sat and played around with the receiver and plugins over the weekend and everything I needed was already there, just downloaded it and it looks brilliant! I even now have picons!! I did not know what they were before.

Again, thank you for your help.
 
Sorry missed your statement about forum protocols and etiquette.

I really meant no disrespect to anyone and I know everyone here contributes and is really helpful.

I apologise if it was seen that way
 
just pleased you are getting there, the unit is a bit of a black hole, in that its able to do a lot of things, other than allowing you to watch TV

it can read various sat cards, via either a softcam, or a real dedicated cam,

because all this is new to you, your best bet is, is to decide what you want to do first, and focuss on one topic, get it sussed, then move to the next

ie, record to hard drive, use time shift, set up epg ( electronic programe guide ) , stream to your comp/tv, or use software to update your channel list, are just a few things you might want to do
 
Sorry missed your statement about forum protocols and etiquette.

I really meant no disrespect to anyone and I know everyone here contributes and is really helpful.

I apologise if it was seen that way

I doubt anyone would be upset, it was just a comment to assist you, and your develoment
 
Thank you kindly Basil.

I appreciate it.

I think the next thing might be timeshift.

I will do some reading up on that.

Have a good week
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top