Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ET8500] Setting up Skin Position

So now on YouVix-Blue, with the changes I get the nice Blue screen - but nothing behind so Yes I can change the parameters but doesn,t much help with no grid or picture.
When I exit I get a lovely Black screen plus sound and have to change channel to get back a picture

So I guess there is no live-service picture - I guess this could be a specific ET8500 issue related to the way it uses Frame buffer????
 
So now on YouVix-Blue, with the changes I get the nice Blue screen - but nothing behind so Yes I can change the parameters but doesn,t much help with no grid or picture.
When I exit I get a lovely Black screen plus sound and have to change channel to get back a picture

So I guess there is no live-service picture - I guess this could be a specific ET8500 issue related to the way it uses Frame buffer????

Just tried it on my ET7500 and same situation, so throw away my frame bufffer comment :)
 
So now on YouVix-Blue, with the changes I get the nice Blue screen - but nothing behind so Yes I can change the parameters but doesn,t much help with no grid or picture.
When I exit I get a lovely Black screen plus sound and have to change channel to get back a picture

So I guess there is no live-service picture - I guess this could be a specific ET8500 issue related to the way it uses Frame buffer????
Well, it works fine on the boxes I have (and that doesn't include the 8500).
Did you lower the opacity (first line in the screen)?
 
Well, it works fine on the boxes I have (and that doesn't include the 8500).
Did you lower the opacity (first line in the screen)?

Yes, I retain this lovely deep blue screen :) plus audio. I know I am Red/Green colour blind, but would expect to see something.
Lowering the opacity just ends up at 0 with a black'ish screen
 
Youvix Blue 1080 ... I will try some of the other skins and see what happens.
 
well just tried Magic-FHD.
Just run a new build (to remove any errors from copying over!) and installed from my Feeds and enabled Skin, and it does exactly the same.
Maybe I am miles away here (but it obviously works on other boxes), but both the ET7500 & ET8500 use alphablending on big blobs of colour like your blue box (AC_DEFINE(FORCE_BLENDING_ACCELERATION, 1,[define when the framebuffer acceleration has alphablending support, but detection slow down all]) )
and they are probably the only one's that I can think of that have that set in configure.ac
Without it they run like dogs when trying to convert the (Scalar? Vector?) image as Rossi found on the Bello and associated skins.
If I can find time in the next couple of hours I will run a build without alpha blending and see what happens.

The really stupid thing is that I have just installed a new 4K Monitor in my office and I need to completely clean flash or get this to work as the sat picture is too big in HD and not phyically adjustable on the monitor!!
 
Last edited:
A monitor using overscan? That can't be true....

I'll await your test. In the mean time I'll see if I can test this on my 8k.
 
A monitor using overscan? That can't be true....

I'll await your test. In the mean time I'll see if I can test this on my 8k.

Its a great picture (4K IPS monitor), but Yes in 1080 its overscaling and although you can adjust the colours (gamma etc) you cannot adjust the picture size! All my monitors previously could be adjusted for screen size but not this one.:)
 
Yep, thats what I expected ... need to check into the monitor setup more .... don,t really want to send it back, but it cost a lot of money.:)
Ref ViX etc Just done a clean flash from scratch and the wizard works as you have indicated ..... change transparency, see the screen setup layout behind and can then reset the screen size.
But does not work on the skin/setup.

Really strange.
But out of time, will have to play tomorrow. :)
 
OK removing alpha blending made no difference.

So basically works in wizard setup , as you suggest but with screen positioner in background.
Once you have skin installed (default or 1080) just see blue box, with I guess a black image behind it, as that is what remains if you set transparency to 0 and on exiting you are left with the black background - have to change channel to get channel image back (although audio runs).

I have no idea either :)
 
The 'black image behind it' should be (and is in all my tests) the TV service you were on when starting the OSD setup. You were on a service, weren't you?
 
The 'black image behind it' should be (and is in all my tests) the TV service you were on when starting the OSD setup. You were on a service, weren't you?

Yep bbc1hd and I have the audio but black picture..... i will have a look at the debug log and see if it says anything to me:)
 
@twol: could you do me a favour please?
Flash XTA on your boxes and see if the OSD-positioner work in Magic-FHD and EasyLiteXTAFHD (both are on their feeds)? That's the only way I can think of to establish whether this is hardware or image/skin related. As I said it works on my boxes and on my 8k under XTA.
Thanks in advance, and of course no hurry.
 
Will do tomorrow afternoon ... The benefit of the ET8500's multi- boot - I can keep the Vix image on OS1 and try XTA on OS 2!:)
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top