Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ET8500] Setting up Skin Position

OK flashed both XTA and the current ViX 016 (just to make sure I hadn't screwed up)
Took a while to find everything on XTA (skins in 3 different places!) and one crash (yweather.py needs fixing)
Any way it works perfectly with the current service under the OSD skin.

On ViX 016 I changed the LCD screen to clone the TV, so I could see any difference.
ViX 016 as soon as you change from any setting on any skin that I have installed (which work perfectly with the setttings overlaying the service underneath) to OSD then everything goes blue overlay/black underlay.
I tested changing the blue to transparent and you just see a black background.
Exit and you still have the black backround and you have to change service to get a picture.
Audio continues to run throughout.

When I check the log, I see always a log entry
(eDVBVideo) VIDEO_GET_EVENT unhandled DVBAPI Video Event 3

don,t know if it is relevant or not and cannot find the module that issues the log entry

SO XTA is fine, ViX not :)
 
Thanks, will make a bug report then. Still strange that it (apparently) only affects the 8500 (and 7000?).
BTW: which skin did you use under XTA?
 
Thanks, will make a bug report then. Still strange that it (apparently) only affects the 8500 (and 7000?).
BTW: which skin did you use under XTA?
Tried both skins, just took me a while to find the magic skin:) the other is already on the image and just needs selecting.
Yes, the ET7500 is the same, so its not something to do with the ET8500 frame buffer... i guess:)
The Samsung tuners on both receivers are the same but different from the ET8000/ET10000 Samsung tuner.
Its almost like it decouples from the video whilst in the OSD routine, which is why I was suspicious about the log entry .... but audio keeps going.

Also you don,t have the 1st line in XTA (for setting opacity) , the XTA routine immediately shows the service underneath.
When I 1st built a ViX image for the ET8500, I took a lot of the code out of XTA so surprised there is a difference, although skin handling is obviously different.
 
Last edited:
Also you don,t have the 1st line in XTA (for setting opacity) , the XTA routine immediately shows the service underneath.
Well, that's not me, that's the image.
They use an OSD-positioner plugin, the same one as PLi uses, and they have opacity in their A/V-settings.
We have our own, embedded version of OSD-position, thats has opacity in it.

OK, thanks a lot for testing, I'll make a bug report for this.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top