Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ET9x00] Setting up timeshift on ET9200 on ViX image

  • Thread starter Thread starter garry1312
  • Start date Start date
Clutching at straws, I reset to defaults again, and have even tried the new drivers, but i'm still having issues with PTS.

Is there anything else worth trying to help track this down, or should I wait until a new update or similar?

thanks
 
Any update on this issue yet?

Is it even possible on the ET9200? As I have never had any issue with PTS on any other Enigma2 receiver always worked flawlessly. Now tried two other images with the same result. Is it maybe the new drivers? Starting to wish I went with a Duo as with a baby in our house we need a receiver that we can rewind things back when we miss something.

Also someone mentioned that it worked on a previous version of ViX what version was this so that I can try that out?
 
Basically what I have tried so far:

Changed HDD format to ext2 as suggest on a german forum. Result: possibly less hangs but timeshift still had issues rewinding etc... (could be a trick of the mind?)
Tried openpli. Result: exactly the same.
Tried openaaf. Result: exactly the same.

Tried hdf 4.6. Result: No timeshift issues. But nowhere near a nice as VIX!!! As much as the timeshift issue is annoying, I really would like to stay with VIX look and feel.:thumbsup:
 
yeah tried openaaf and clarke tech images. same timeshift issues but found them both to provide better picture quality.

Like the feel of ViX image and there EPG guide but will give the hdf image a try and hopefully on ViX's next update PTS and picture quality will be resolved.
 
Ok just tested PTS on my Duo and its working exactly as it should. IE I change to a channel then after a minute or so press the rewind button and it rewinds as expected without the need to press the pause button at all.
Is it agreed that this does not work on an ET9x00?
 
I did see a improvement on others.
The only thing could be that other images use other defaults for scaler-sharpness.

Is it agreed that this does not work on an ET9x00?
I think we can say that on ET9x00 there are problems with TimeShift. As the image is the same as for all others, this might be driver related.
 
Thanks for the reply mate someone mentioned in this thread that ViX had timeshift working on a previous version. Do you know what version that is?
 
I think we can say that on ET9x00 there are problems with TimeShift. As the image is the same as for all others, this might be driver related.
AFAICT with an ET9x00, If you press the << button whilst watching a programme live without timeshift, then there is no rewind, however if you are already watch with some delay then the << button works correctly. - HTH
 
AFAICT with an ET9x00, If you press the << button whilst watching a programme live without timeshift, then there is no rewind, however if you are already watch with some delay then the << button works correctly. - HTH
Nope you'll also get stuck then. Play a bit with FF/FB etc.
 
I don't suppose anyone has been able to have a peak at hdf4.6? as I'm still trying to workout what could be different. The changelog can't be right as its a redirect to openpli's one and on that it didn't work for me, so they must have tweaked something, surely.
 
this has been fixed for next update.
 
Updated over the weekend there and PTS is now working thanks very much ViX team :)
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top