Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

SF8 HD stuck at boot logo

  • Thread starter Thread starter micon
  • Start date Start date
M

micon

Guest
Hello,

I have a Octagon SF8 HD. Bought in in Dec 2013, used it for some days, but it "died" then after doing system updater.

That means that I was using the debian builtin upgrade script too upgrade. The system was afterwards working until I rebooted it.
So i gues, it did weather a kernel update and forgot to update the bootloader or something like that.

So now the soccer WM is in the row and i must try to get it running again :)

What I tried so far, is to reflash the image and the bootloader.

But without success. The system does not boot from USB at all. It just starts, the power button gets "pink" fora second or to and then
the boot logo comes up (Octagon), the REC LED is red, the Power button is not illuminated and the display shows "boot".

What can I try to get it running?

Thank you in advance.

Michael
 
i dont remember seeing a new boot loader to use with new images on this box as the box came with boot loader and image on it,my box needs a new image only.
 
i dont remember seeing a new boot loader to use with new images on this box as the box came with boot loader and image on it,my box needs a new image only.


There are two more bootloaders one for 751MHz and the other I think 'about' 600MHz.
I've been using the 751MHz bootloader for some time now with no issues :)
 
ohh hells bells others,was going to do new image on 1000:eek::thumbsup:silly question is whats the difference?
blimey good at mind reading also lol.
 
Way faster boot time and faster response in general :thumbsup:
Well worth doing IMHO :D

Mine beats the pants off my GigaBlue 800UE+ :cool:
 
ok on the cards new boot loader and apollo a big step from 3. and 808 lol :thumbsup:
 
Ok, now i tried with at least 8 different USB sticks and finally the last one really worked!

It was a Kingston 8 GB. (small, red plastic, silver handle, just in case someone needs).

Great!

Is the VIX image still the best option to use on an SF8 HD?
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top