George Kildare
Forum Supporter

- Joined
- Dec 30, 2014
- Messages
- 188
- Reaction score
- 0
- Points
- 0
I am present running OpenVix Version 3.2.024. I have customised this to my liking. The customisation includes very many settings on my remote and a large number of special bouquets and channels.
I am wondering whether to upgrade to the latest image 3.2.036 and have a few questions.
1. Why is a reflash necessary/ advised to implement this upgrade? Why can't it be implemented without a reflash via the setup menu, as with previous updates?
2. Is there a possibility that after the reflash upgrade some of my existing settings, channels or bouquets cannot be restored easily? The customisation was very time consuming and I don't want to run any risk of having to repeat it.
3. What are the main practical improvements of 036 compared with 024?
Very many thanks.
I am wondering whether to upgrade to the latest image 3.2.036 and have a few questions.
1. Why is a reflash necessary/ advised to implement this upgrade? Why can't it be implemented without a reflash via the setup menu, as with previous updates?
2. Is there a possibility that after the reflash upgrade some of my existing settings, channels or bouquets cannot be restored easily? The customisation was very time consuming and I don't want to run any risk of having to repeat it.
3. What are the main practical improvements of 036 compared with 024?
Very many thanks.