Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Skins no longer fit on screen

  • Thread starter Thread starter fergyc
  • Start date Start date
F

fergyc

Guest
Just update from ViX 2.2 to 2.3 and now all the menus are artially off the screen. No overscan option on the TV and this has only happened since I updated. Alsp couldn't find an option in the menus to fix this.
 
menu>setup>system>OSD>OSD setup.

then adjust to your needs.
 
I would like to suggest fixing osd dimension since even trying to navigate through the config menù is a pain because the left half of all the texts is not readable. Just imagine how hard would be to find osd option!!
 
Hmmm, that means that your TV has an enormous overscan. Why not turn it of? After all that's the only option to get a good quality picture.
 
Only happened on the latest version, my friend has the same proble. No overscan settings.
 
Hmmm, that means that your TV has an enormous overscan. Why not turn it of? After all that's the only option to get a good quality picture.

actually my plasma has no overscan setings at all. And by reading many posts I understood that many other users are in the very same situation.
I'm just suggesting you to make it the other way round. That is to say make the default OSD stay in the 5% safe area.

Just consider that months ago vix was the first image I installed on my DUO. Since I was not able to read the OSD text I abandoned it in seconds and went for BlackHole. Two weeks ago I wanted to give VIX a second chanche. The OSD issue was there . Luckyly I managed to get in the right settings and adjust the dimensions.
 
That is to say make the default OSD stay in the 5% safe area.
Sorry, but that's not the way to go. It's a sin not tu use al the available space.
And be aware: "overscan" is very often a good hidden setting, under fancy names and sometimes even only in a service menu.
And you wouldn't want overscan to ruin your picture quality do you? All the way all is done in HD, and the last step, presenting the picture in your room, would waste that (by displaying every pixel as 0.95 pixel)? That really does harm your picture......
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top