Larry-G
V.I.P ,
- Joined
- May 19, 2010
- Messages
- 32,540
- Reaction score
- 405
- Points
- 0
- Age
- 48
Mr. Mister,
I note your points above, but, with respect.....is it really necessary to have daily, or bi daily updates to image ? Would once per week, or month not suffice ?
My first Openpli image on DM800se I had, I think for just under 1 year !! It ran flawlessly.
I do appreciate the work is all done voluntarily, and this is not a dig, just a genuine question.
Regards
We used to release the image maybe twice or three times a year in one big launch and we got slated for it by users who demanded updates now, whether they were ready or not. So we devised the system we have now where we submit updates directly to the central GIT as and when they are ready, we still can hold images back for testing if needed, but on the whole they are more than stable enough for instant release with little testing.