Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Slow download

retroelectro

New member
Joined
Apr 15, 2013
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Anybody have an idea why the download speed in my GB Quad is horribly slow?
I have tried LAN and WLAN connections but effect is the same. After restart it might be fine but drops to around 512 kbit/s after few minutes. Almost looks like that something is limiting the speed to this. It doesn't make any difference if I'm downloading from the internet or home network. And upload speed is always ok. No similar issues with other devices in same network either. Image is latest OpenVIX, 3.0.649.
 
No problem here, with my LAN I can transfer stuff at a good 11/12 MB per sec.
Can you let us know exactly how you are transferring stuff and what type of files?
 
What ISP??

As one of the major ones in UK is currently having issues with some customers
 
I test the bitrate e.g. by uploading some file to GB with FTP. In home network, so ISP is not to blame. I found out that after power restart the bitrate gets back to normal though.

But I also found out what triggers the problem: if I try to use some video streaming plugin e.g. to watch Youtube, bitrate drops again, firstly making it impossible to watch the video. But weird thing is that it drops permanently! Meaning that if I close the plugin and try FTP again, I get only 20% of the bitrate.
It doesn't get back to normal after restart or deep standby or anything. Only power off helps.

You could easily blame the plugin for this but same has happened with 2-3 different video streaming plugins. Weird, huh? :confused:
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top