Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Small rubber square in Gigablue UHD UE 4K box

rgv250

New member
Joined
Feb 29, 2024
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hi,

Just purchased a Gigablue UHD UE 4K and am about to install a HDD. There’s a small plastic bag in the box which contains 4 black screws for the HDD and a black square of rubber which has 4 holes in it. Anyone know what the rubber square is for?

Thanks

Andy
 
Just noticed that four circles pop out of the square. They are anti vibration for the HDD. Doh!!!
 
I bought the same receiver a couple of days ago and went to put a spare 2.5" SSD in. There doesn't appear to be anywhere obvious to mount it though? Is my unit missing a mounting bracket? At the moment the SSD is sitting loose so I would like to sort it out.
 
I will have another look tomorrow. The SSD I have only has screw holes on the sides and I couldn't see any obvious way of securing the drive properly.
 
After viewing the video, I would suggest not using an electric screwdriver on those machine screws when mounting a hard drive or SSD. Very easy to over-torque or even strip the threads or damage the drive.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top