Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

softcam check error no module named contextlib

  • Thread starter Thread starter cruachan
  • Start date Start date
C

cruachan

Guest
Hi, I am getting this message every couple of minutes, i have not used a usb drive at all and no softcam software is running anyone got any ideas.. Its really really annoying I am also struggling to place a file in the /etc folder if anyone could help with that as well.. thanks
 
If anyone can tell me away to get this error message to stop appearing it would be apreciated.. I have now done a factory re set and have been through every setting in the box and still it appears every 5 min.. its running the latest vix team image "Virtuosso image extreme"
 
Which image build are you using?
Where did you get you cam from?
Best way to start fresh is to flash an image?

Thread has been moved to the Image Support section. It is best to use the image support section for image issues as problems/solutions are usually the same irrespectve of receiver. It also helps others searching for the same issue although they may have another receiver.

Please read the thread in link below which explains things better.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...upport-Section!

No harm done, but please bear in mind for future support questions.
 
What cam (and version) did you install from the plugin feeds?

On my Solo2, I use MGCamD 1.38 (I believe is latest version from feeds) and don't have this issue running latest build 109 (fresh usb flash without settings restore).
 
It was cccam (2.3.0-r2
I haven't tried that so can't comment but I do know there were some cccam changes in very recent builds.

Have you tried uninstalling the cccam plugin, restarting box and installing it again? Or, alternatively, using MgCamD?
 
Yes tried uninstalling .. factory reset etc but still there.. looks like I should re flash, just having a look at the guide.. still trying to figure out how to drop line in as well, I have very limited knowledge of ftp
 
can you say if you install an ipk file as a number of old tuts say to do this,new builds has it in the image and if people download it may screw settings up.its not needed on new builds.

i use filezilla to ftp to box others may use dcc/dreambox control center
 
Last edited:
For FTP client, I use FileZilla.

If you want to give MGCamD a try, attached is config file for MGCamD. FTP it to /usr/Keys. You just need to add your line.

Due to forum rules, we're prohibited from going into detail with regards to lines. Limited to only getting softcam working I believe.

View attachment mg_cfg.rar
 
If need be you can turn off the softcam check but this should only be as a last resort because without it if your cam freezes or becomes none responsive the image will not know to restart it (thats what the softcam check does), until you restart it manually.

To disable blue button> Softcam manager> Menu> Enable frozen check> NO (default is yes so only do this as a last resort)
 
Thanks guys.. going to try and re flash to get rid of this damn message appearing.. will post progress when done.. appreciate all the help so far
 
Success.. message gone.now got to learn how to connect them to transfer files..
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top