Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo2] Softcam issue?

Could be a factor... my Zgemma Arm box has no problem but it seems to be Vix specific with my mips boxes: I have VU solo 2 and Edision OSmega and both have Oscam problems with 5.4.9. No problem with non Vix images on these 2 mips boxes.

I am not sure why it would have an impact on the softcam (or current ViX builds), but some other images minimise (remove) some components during the build on boxes with small flash.
 
I think is a MIPS issue, will try with my Duo2 to see how it goes
 
I reverted back to 5.4.007 and all is working fine with oscam on that image.On 5.4.008 I have glidches. My box is a VU + duo2.ECM times are very lareg on 5.4.008

just tested my Duo2 with 5.4.8 and 5.4.9 and have not problems with Oscam all working fine, just have Oscam problems with my TM M3. Small Flash, Ram??
 
Although the oscam installed from the plugin server says "latest", could people with issues check the actual version number using the oscam Web interface and post details.

@x 5, are you checking same channels on the Technomate?
 
Version: oscam-1.20_svn-r11689
Compiler: mipsel-oe-linux
Box type: vusolo2 (generic)
PID: 3802
TempDir: /tmp/.oscam
GBox tmp_dir: not defined using: /tmp/.oscam
ConfigDir: /var/tuxbox/config/
WebifPort: 8888
 
Although the oscam installed from the plugin server says "latest", could people with issues check the actual version number using the oscam Web interface and post details.

@x 5, are you checking same channels on the Technomate?

Yes same channels and same Oscam binary
also tested on my xtrend et800 and same oscam problem
 
OSCam: 1.20_svn Build: r11678

version not the issue this same version on earlier builds and same receiver not problem at all

Yes agreed. I have used several versions of Oscam. All with the same freezing or stopping result. I repeat... this is NOT a problem with non-VIX images.
 
Attached is a different file for Arm receivers. Could people who consider themselves as "advanced users" please test it and report back any issues. Thanks in advance.

I not saying i'm an "advanced user" but this one will refuse to start (Zgemma H7S, openvix 5.4.009 (release)
 
Version: oscam-1.20_svn-r11691
Compiler: mipsel-oe-linux
Box type: vusolo2 (generic)
PID: 3802
TempDir: /tmp/.oscam
GBox tmp_dir: not defined using: /tmp/.oscam
ConfigDir: /var/tuxbox/config/
WebifPort: 8888
I have tested the 11691 oscam from here, on my solo2, and I am on 5.4.9 img, no difference to oscam latest, stops ramdomly, needs restart.
 
Someone I know of watched the Tottenham (yuk) game on Sky 1 HD on 19.2 using Oscam on an Arm receiver using Release 5.4 009 and there was no issue with locking up etc. Attached is a screenshot showing ECM times. The policy o this forum is strict with regards to softcam talk. So best to upload oscam logs on a forum where they are more tolerant to such talk. Might be a simple issue in config files. Or an issue affecting mipsel receivers.
 

Attachments

  • sky sport 1 hd.webp
    sky sport 1 hd.webp
    30.9 KB · Views: 54
If anybody has installed Ncam package by Raed, please be aware that it causes a lockup. This is why we have not merged his pull-request. I would recommend re-flashing image as the softcam files were altered by his installer.
 
I have tested this Oscam issue in some detail and have found
1) This freezing/ long ecm times with (certain 19e caids!) is not present in other images for my Solo2/Edision Mega (both Mips) with identical configs from my 5.4.9 config.
2) I have not installed any Oscam ipks and have have always started from a fresh image with no restores. Foreign testing Oscams are alwys ftped to /usr/softcam.
3) Many Oscams that previously worked with versions of Vix pre 5.4.7 and before, no longer work and produce issues
4) The supplied Oscam (oscam-latest) freezes with Vix 5.4.9 also
5) Making changes to oscam.conf and oscam.server or adding oscam.dvbapi makes little difference with me.

Conclusion:
There seems to be an (undefined) VIX problem with Oscam post versions 5.4.7 that is NOT present in OpenATV, OpenSPA, Pure2, Opendroid images for my 2 MIPS boxes (I use openboot to boot these from USB)
 
I have tested this Oscam issue in some detail and have found
1) This freezing/ long ecm times with (certain 19e caids!) is not present in other images for my Solo2/Edision Mega (both Mips) with identical configs from my 5.4.9 config.
2) I have not installed any Oscam ipks and have have always started from a fresh image with no restores. Foreign testing Oscams are alwys ftped to /usr/softcam.
3) Many Oscams that previously worked with versions of Vix pre 5.4.7 and before, no longer work and produce issues
4) The supplied Oscam (oscam-latest) freezes with Vix 5.4.9 also
5) Making changes to oscam.conf and oscam.server or adding oscam.dvbapi makes little difference with me.

Conclusion:
There seems to be an (undefined) VIX problem with Oscam post versions 5.4.7 that is NOT present in OpenATV, OpenSPA, Pure2, Opendroid images for my 2 MIPS boxes (I use openboot to boot these from USB)
Is this Oscam_emu? .. or all OScam's variations?
 
As far as I can see the source is the same except OpenPli uses the OpenSource Git (which is basicall the same as trunkview git)
However openVix Oscam configs(openViX Distro softcams) are different slightly from the OE-A softcams which are different from OpenPli

If I get time I will build with the OpenPli configs for my ET7x00 Mips and post here for someone to try (I only use for 27.5W)
 
Can people try these OScam MIPS versions built with alternative configs ..... and provide feedback
 

Attachments

Can people try these OScam MIPS versions built with alternative configs ..... and provide feedback
Tried your oscam-latest but got same freezing and stopping as before using it with Vix 5.4.9. Sorry!
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top