Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo2] Softcam issue?

So at least you got the answer you were searching for! At least that's what I heard on other websites! :p
Lets hope the issue I have raised isn't lost! :cool:
 
Last edited:
Did this problem definitely start in 5.4 007?

gdmm (post 1) infers that it did
bellejt (post 50) says 5.4 007 is fine

Yep on 5.4.007 using 5.4.006 or earlier no problems at all, this has been said no matter the Oscam version you use from 5.4.007 it will just stop working after couple minutes running, if you check Oscam logs you will see the high ecms, going back to a earlier build that problem dos not exist no matter the Oscam version.
 
Last edited:
Tatally agree with x5, and johnhoe, I have now also tested oscam 11693 on vix 5.4.006, and no problem so far. It seems that the problem started from 5.4.007, and up to 5.4.010 with minor changes.
 
Is the problem with all packages or just that one on 19e? I can't find the issue on any of my boxes (they are all ARM boxes).
 
Is the problem with all packages or just that one on 19e? I can't find the issue on any of my boxes (they are all ARM boxes).
Issue only present on Mips boxes NOT Arm boxes.
a) Characterised by higher ecm times across all packages but more noticable on a certain 19e package.
b) Also characterised by eventual periodic stopping of Oscam and then manual start of Oscam is needed.
 
Last edited:
My read on this is that 5.4.10 and 5.4.9 seem to have similar problems with long ecm times and eventual freezing and stopping...
I don't know if it's relevant. My box is a Zgemma H7 which is ARM based and I only use OSCAM with an expired 0963 (white) Sky UK card to watch the remaining few FTV programs.
I saw the mention of long ECM times.
Recently I think I see the ECM time creeping up from it's initial value (of around 0.07s) more quickly than I am used to.
It doesn't cause a problem though and I reboot quite often so it resets back to 0.07 then and slowly increases as time goes by.
 
Is the problem with all packages or just that one on 19e? I can't find the issue on any of my boxes (they are all ARM boxes).

Its a MIPS issue mate and just to make it clear i don't have access to 19e I'm using 30w
 
So can someone try this mips oscam built from same source and configs as rest of OE-A

Thanks m8 just tested and same result high ecm times and stops after couple minutes running
 
Thanks m8 just tested and same result high ecm times and stops after couple minutes running
just to add the ecm time difference between the 2

with 5.4.010

• 2021/05/11 19:03:27 77C98D87 c (ecm) Main (1802@000000/0000/0097/92:2BFF0238C02F37D3B545A79C254AEE3C): found (197 ms) by Zon (L/2/3/3)
• 2021/05/11 19:03:30 77C98D87 c (ecm) Main (1802@000000/0000/0097/92:E4E7735B86B7A183ABE2E65D939AA857): found (2163 ms) by Zon (L/2/3/3)
• 2021/05/11 19:03:45 77C98D87 c (ecm) Main (1802@000000/0000/0097/92:DC7F19C13509898465A4D65204B407C8): found (2183 ms) by Zon (L/2/3/3)
• 2021/05/11 19:04:00 77C98D87 c (ecm) Main (1802@000000/0000/0097/92:C1195388E43FBCD3C9D43F68D2266E98): found (2191 ms) by Zon (L/2/3/3)



with 5.4.006
• 2021/05/11 20:12:55 12CADB11 c (ecm) Main (1802@000000/0000/0097/92:390D9EDCFD1A913A974A882886A68C68): found (300 ms) by Zon (L/2/3/3)
• 2021/05/11 20:13:10 12CADB11 c (ecm) Main (1802@000000/0000/0097/92:84D1DC1A36DDE143D976D9B7A26FBF32): found (310 ms) by Zon (L/2/3/3)
• 2021/05/11 20:13:25 12CADB11 c (ecm) Main (1802@000000/0000/0097/92:EA32EE68A6C67E8E6C0EA0EB7C8E7E13): found (309 ms) by Zon (L/2/3/3)
• 2021/05/11 20:13:40 12CADB11 c (ecm) Main (1802@000000/0000/0097/92:5B64CEFB0B9B6048624AC27284708152): found (308 ms) by Zon (L/2/3/3)
 
I hope this isn't lost and is still being worked on, given there hasn't been an update for a week. 5.4.12 still has the issue.
 
I hope this isn't lost and is still being worked on, given there hasn't been an update for a week. 5.4.12 still has the issue.

That is my wish too. The softcam issue has still not been addressed in 5.4.12. I have moved to other images. Sigh... is there no solution to this problem. I know many of the Vix people use mips boxes, surely they are finding this a problem too?
 
I have no more problem because I do not update anymore.Version 5.4.007 is working fine on duo2.
 
That is my wish too. The softcam issue has still not been addressed in 5.4.12. I have moved to other images. Sigh... is there no solution to this problem. I know many of the Vix people use mips boxes, surely they are finding this a problem too?

I have tried producing the Mips cams using both OpenPli and OpenATV configs (the sources are the same) and they have been tested and apparently don‘t work - and as far as I can see there have been no changes in this area for OpenViX and I do not use a Cam other than for 27.5W and therefore have no test setup .
The fact that there appear to be no issues with the Arm cams makes this even more tricky - I am still of the thinking that this may be a flash memory issue with these MIPS boxes, in which case long term its not fixable.
 
You might expect Openpli, Openatv, Opendroid etc etc images to have similar oscam problems but all work flawlessly, using the latest OE-A core.
I can run any other image before 5.4.8 in vix or ANY other image for my 2 MIPS boxes (Edision Osmega/ VU Solo2).

It this the problem - that Vix 5.4 images have more memory constraints with certain MIPS boxes and are "cramping" oscam memory usage?
 
Openpli is a smaller image. (You have the bare basics and if you need extras install them), OpenATV and its derivatives probably make more use of the “small flash“ feature for MIPS boxes with small memory sizes. So this “may“ be the issue - try comparing the memory sizes on your box with different images, that will at least confirm or not the issue
 
.... maybe uninstall some "extras" in OpenViX and see how Oscam goes?

Suggestions might be .......??
 
The boxes have enough internal flash. Otherwise they would crash and not boot again. I am pretty sure we are the only image which starts the cams with a limit on system resources. Is it possible the 1024 limit is being exceeded causing oscam to be stopped?
 
I was looking at that earlier today, and a ulimit of 1024 appears to be pretty common.
 
Screenshots from an ET8000
 

Attachments

  • oscam 11693 on et8000 2.webp
    oscam 11693 on et8000 2.webp
    12.7 KB · Views: 33
  • oscam 11693 on et8000.webp
    oscam 11693 on et8000.webp
    73.1 KB · Views: 62

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top