ronand
ViX Beta Tester
It was just a thought. Linux gives the impression of memory leaks too - it will swallow up all available RAM after a while and only release it when it needs to. I can't help as both my boxes are ARM based.
Is that from 5.3.39? No that is exactly the same... wierd because Vix 5.3.39 to 5.4.7 images don't have the high ecm times. If that is from pre 5.4.7 then that seems to hint that it may not be softcammanager after all!
Wierd. But of course... no softcammanager freezing with that softcammanager.pyo (but ecm times still high).
@CCS Have we not established that ulimit change is not the problem? I surely tested this with my script (in red from earlier post). I will test this one nontheless!
Yes because Vix 5.3.39 image and Softcammanager all work fine in that image (pre ulimit change). So I am NOT pointing the finger at ulimit change being the problem for that reason also.
So do you agree the fact that the softcammanager from the 5,3,39 image doesn't work with Oscam in 5.4.12 when it worked in 5,3,39 seems to point the finger away from Softcammanager being the source of the problem????
This version is the one before ulimit was increased....
All Oscams work (with low ecms) with command line but non work properly (ie low ecms) with SoftcamManager in 5.4.12 yet alll work with Softcammanager in 5.4.7 and belowThe other thing to consider is Oscam itself, it's as clear as mud to me which version works with what.
I have reverted to CCcam in my mips boxes and still use Oscam in the arm ones. Would prefer to use Oscam for all though.
This is one of the many puzzles with this problem...
Oscam only seems to work in Vix 5.4.7 or below but other cams work well with softcam manager.
This is odd because these other cams share much of the same python coding in softcammanager.pyo.
Further oddity is that the softcammanager code that worked in Vix 5.3.39 no longer works in Vix 5.4.12 the present version.
Another anomaly seems to be that Softcammanager works with Oscam in ARM satellite boxes but not MIPS ones. Same Code, different processors. Odd.
Suspicions are that memory is leaking whever Oscam is evoked from Softcammanager (as it doesn't seem to leak if you start Oscam with a simple script)
It was thought that the Ulimit change (from 512 to 1024) that happened around June 2020 might be a factor but this doesn't seem to be the case.
I have had my suspicions around Oscam and Softcammanager for some time now:-
Vix programmers on this site have continually suggested that you have to use certain Oscams with VIX. Why did they think that? Don't all the PlI 4 compatible Oscams work?
I have noticed that some memory intensive Oscam features such as Cachex didn't seem to work properly with Vix Softcam Manager and I stopped using it with Vix.
Maybe Softcam Manager has had problems with Oscam before and by using features such as freeze checking or (as some users were reporting) setting a cron timer to reboot their box,
This was only to paper over the fact that Oscam has had a bad habit of freezing in Vix for some time.
And use a pure text editor for making script e.g. Notepad++Did all that, excepts for disabling frozen check, will try again later today

Thanks, I did not managed to get it to work, probably because I did not have a capital S, but guess what, the oscam have been working 4 hours now, without any stops or delays, the only thing I have changed is the disabling the frozen check control, as
i did forget to change it back, after the script test. I am not going to change anything, before I know if it keeps working over time, I also unticked the autostart box in Softcam manager, I just manually started the oscam after the script failure, and working as it should
so far. If or when it stops, I will try the script, or scripts for testing.