Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Solo2 Sluggish Response after Upgrade to build 95

Not that I know what I'm doing but I tried comparing my good log (build 090) with my slight pause log (build 096) and I couldn't see anything around the time I was scrolling down the EPG that looked different. Just, I assume, normal "KEY: 108 DOWN" and "action -> DirectionActions down"

Could it be something like high CPU usage during this time that caused this?
 
Anybody else noticed that when you use the onscreen keyboard in epg search that's really sluggish as well?
 
@rossi, did you manage to find the underlying issue for the slight sluggish response whilst viewing the EPG?
 
not yet, im working on it. :confused:
Ok, thanks. Is there anything I can help with or have you been able to re-create the problem yourself?

Is there a plugin or something for monitoring/logging the CPU to determine what is using it the most which may narrow down to the area you need to look into?
 
@rossi,

I know you're busy trying to figure out the slow EPG between pages when scrolling down (amongst other things you probably have to do) but just to let you know I've done online update to 97 and problem still exists.

I tried copying the CrossEPG folder from build 090 to 97 and it made no difference. I also tried copying the components folder from 090 build to 097 and it refused to boot. I assume there have been changes to this area since 090 and 096/097 ?

If there is anything I can test for you let me know as OH is out today so I get to play all day :)
 
morning mate, thx for the assistance

ive done loads yesterday to try and fix it, but the thing is, its seems to be only happening on vu's (certain machines). im wondering if its a framebuffer issue on them, on my et8000 the epg opens as normal and theres no lag,



could anyone experiencing this problem let me know what machine you use please.

im working on a new 1080 skin atm, just in spare time, so im gonna code up the epg on there and see what happens.
 
the same slowness here on VU+ DUO2 with standard skin apollo 96.Strange that I don't have it on my Edision OS1 apollo 95.
 
Solo2 Graphical EPG is slow but single one is OK.
 
morning mate, thx for the assistance

ive done loads yesterday to try and fix it, but the thing is, its seems to be only happening on vu's (certain machines). im wondering if its a framebuffer issue on them, on my et8000 the epg opens as normal and theres no lag.
The lag happens whilst scrolling down the EPG. Has something happened to this framebuffer (coding-wise) since 090 build?

Are you thinking it's a skin issue from the merger of HD skins? I know that on 095 using the default skin (not HD and clean install with no restore) and mostly keeping the defaults except setting up ABM and EPG, it happens.

Like I said i'm available today if you want me to try anything. I know what it's like trying to find a coding problem especially if you can't re-create the problem yourself.

Thank you again.
 
I changed my Duo2 back to ViX-Night-HD on Apollo 096 as a test and it is still the same on the none 1080 skin so it must be something to do with the VU's drivers or something, as my LX3 is running absolutely perfect on Apollo 096 using the Vix-Night-HD skin

just updated to 097 on both the LX3 & Duo2, LX3 still running perfect Duo2 still lagging :confused:
 
morning mate, thx for the assistance

ive done loads yesterday to try and fix it, but the thing is, its seems to be only happening on vu's (certain machines). im wondering if its a framebuffer issue on them, on my et8000 the epg opens as normal and theres no lag,




could anyone experiencing this problem let me know what machine you use please.

im working on a new 1080 skin atm, just in spare time, so im gonna code up the epg on there and see what happens.

Solo2/ Duo2/ Uno Graphical EPG is slow, Only with Youvix
 
Solo2/ Duo2/ Uno Graphical EPG is slow, Only with Youvix
Is YouVix a new skin and HD version? My problem is with the default (non HD) skin after doing a fresh flash (with no restore).

I'm waiting for the their FTP site to be updated with 097 so I can do a fresh install (with no restore) instead of the online update I did. I doubt it will make a difference but I prefer to do it that way.
 
I'm on a Solo2 with -097 just online upgraded (it's on download site now as well as online download). I had reflashed (after online download -096) but WITH restore. I had the EPG issue but both the .rar file Rossi provided and subsequent release cured it. There is a small delay when a) loading EPG and b) crossing from one page to another but its less time than I can count to 4. I don't know if it was an issue before HD skins. I am on -097 build using YouVix 1080 skin. Noticed last night the blue button sort mode in Movie list is sorted - thanks. On the pause, I notice that the enigma2 process CPU usage jumps to high 80's when crossing between pages but as it is so brief hard to see in top utility. I don't see any jump in mem usage but have config'ed a swap file in anyway. Still a great HD build.
 
Is YouVix a new skin and HD version? My problem is with the default (non HD) skin after doing a fresh flash (with no restore).

I'm waiting for the their FTP site to be updated with 097 so I can do a fresh install (with no restore) instead of the online update I did. I doubt it will make a difference but I prefer to do it that way.

its a 1080 skin
 
On the pause, I notice that the enigma2 process CPU usage jumps to high 80's when crossing between pages but as it is so brief hard to see in top utility. I don't see any jump in mem usage but have config'ed a swap file in anyway. Still a great HD build.
How did you get to see CPU usage whilst scrolling the EPG? Is it a plugin? If so, which one?

Thanks
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top