Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo2] [SOLVED] Bad signal

  • Thread starter Thread starter bokkie
  • Start date Start date
B

bokkie

Guest
Ok guys, here goes.
I received my brand new solo2 today. unwrapped and got it all set up.
I connected my static dish on 28e to tuner A and my motorised dish to tuner B
Tried out bbc world news on 13 e and the signal was really bad, channel was glitching. SNR was about 40% as was the agc.
So I tried bbc 1 on 28e and was also down in the 40's.
Swapped tuners but this didn't help either.
So i hooked my old duo up again, checked bbc world news, and it was about 88 snr and 93 agc.
Tried bbc 1 and it was 78% snr and 93% agc.
Have I got a duff box?
Why such a big difference?
I would've thought the solo2 would be much better than the old duo.
Any ideas?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Yep. Just connected the solo2 back and the agc has dropped by about 40% on bbc1 and bbc world news on 13e.
But when i go to 16e on channels that the duo just pulled in, the solo2 show a slight signal increase.
Is it an image fault?
I'm running the latest vix, just did a software update.
What gives?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Just checked BBC World new here on hotbird signal is perfect, double check your motor settings.

Have you uploaded any settings/bouquets or satellites.xml?
 
Yes I have uploaded settings but the same on both boxes. Could it be an image fault?
 
Hi bokie,
do not pay attention to the AGC value as they are not correct at the moment.

ciao
 
mine has been pretty much the same as my DUO but i have notice and i think Trial as answered my question with the AGC normally mid way never really took any notice but now around the 97% mark but i have a steady picture so thats all what matters
 
Thanks all, I think I'll just leave as is for now as I'm not really having any picture problems. Also having a bit of a disaster at home with water pissing out the f*****g ceiling from the split cold water tank.
What has happened to the auto deep standby that was in vix 2.4? Also can't seem to find how to nudge the dish manually.
I'm also not able to get transcoding working properly from outside network. I get the openwebif up on my galaxy s3 but when I choose a channel in the bouquet it doesn't open. Is the a specific player I should be using?
Normally I'd have a bit more of a play before asking questions, but as I said before, I've kinda had my hands full today.
Thanks
 
Hi bokkie,

auto deep standby look at menu, timer, power timer it is completely new since a few builds and I really like it.

transcoding works on port 8002 so you should enable a port forwarding in your router for that port and configure the player (dreamdroid etc) for that port. Of course you must enable transcoding with the plugin.

ciao
 
I have forwarded port 8002 and tried using dreamdroid as well. I can access the bouquets, etc but when I click on stream it just buffers for a while then times out.
Thanks for pointing out the power timer. I just assumed when looking at the menu that timers was for recordings, etc. It used to be under power management.
 
Hi,
have you tried in your LAN before going into the WAN?

ciao
 
Theres a few current models reporting incorrect SNR/AGC, driver issues.

Is this a driver fault? I think this might be affbouquets auto bouquet as it's throwing up an error, timeout for tumer lock, when I try a scan for auto bouquet I've tried flashing and scanning 28.2 but I've still got incorrect values. The satellite is locked on but could the low values be effecting auto bouquet?
 
Is this a driver fault? I think this might be affbouquets auto bouquet as it's throwing up an error, timeout for tumer lock, when I try a scan for auto bouquet I've tried flashing and scanning 28.2 but I've still got incorrect values. The satellite is locked on but could the low values be effecting auto bouquet?

Hi bokkie
Are the solo2 problems resolved?
I'll buy one and your issues are not good news
 
To be honest i think that AGC is misleading anyway. The only thing that should be on skins is Signal Strength, Signal Quality and Bit Error Rate. There is no need for anything else, although to be honest you could probably drop the Bit Error Rate reading also.

Nano
 
Signal Strength = AGC = useless.
Same for BER, as it is after correction. Any value shown up there means no (good) picture; and for that we need no read-out.
Only remaining interesting value is SNR.
 
AGC = Automatic Gain Control - primary function is to maintain a constant signal
level at the output, regardless of the signal’s variations at the input of the system. This is not input signal strength it is a constant of signal after it has been through the AGC circuitry. It does not equal signal strength

Signal strength is the level of signal being received by the receiver measured in dB before going through any AGC circuitry :D

At least that was what i they said when i did the CAI course a few years ago :amen:
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top