Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo4K] Some HD channels do no open on cable tv

VesaT

New member
Joined
Sep 18, 2014
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I have a problem with a couple of HD cable tv channels that are decrypted as they do not open with a CI card reader but most other decrypted HD-channels open up. I have a paid channel card in a CI card reader, and OpenVIX complains something like: "this channel requires a CI+ compatible device…". I've tried to add these cable tv channels to CI-settings (normally it should be just the service provider), but no change. The card reader is Conax CSP CI+ CAM.

Is there something within OpenVIX that requires some extra settings or some limitation as these channels open perfectly ok in the same box (Vu+ Solo4K) using OpenATV 6.3?
 
Last edited:
CI is not supported on ViX I think, due to licensing/copyright etc.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Some people have reported that those same channels I have problems with open using a CI+ CAM and some older version of OpenVIX. And somebody also reported that an older CI+ CAM opened the channels without problems. Could it be something with the CAM or just those two Channels (Eurosport 1 HD and History Channel HD)?

I have no problems using OpenATV at home as it opens those channels without problems, but I'm fairly long times away from home and OpenVIX transcoding works much better. So it would be great to have OpenVIX 5.2.41 opening those channels.
 
Hi,
officially VU+ boxes only support CI and not CI+. For CI+ there is a "CI+ Helper" needed which is installed by some images. As Andy says it is not licensed.

ciao
 
Hi,
officially VU+ boxes only support CI and not CI+. For CI+ there is a "CI+ Helper" needed which is installed by some images. As Andy says it is not licensed.

ciao

OK, so it is a Vu+ problem, not OpenVIX. Is there any possibility to have this "CI+ Helper" as a plugin or e.g. a patch?
 
Hi,
if you have OpenATV you can use opkg download to get it and then test if it will work.

ciao
 
HD Channels not opening

VTi does NOT officially support CI+. Up to now it still works for Neotion chipset CI+ modules. This can change at any time!
 
Amazed. I noticed that my cable tv card with CI+ module in the upper slot of my Vu+Ultimo 4k now works with all subscribed cable tv channels, even HD. I have all three tuners S/T/C.
Something must have happened with the updated software.
 
Amazed. I noticed that my cable tv card with CI+ module in the upper slot of my Vu+Ultimo 4k now works with all subscribed cable tv channels, even HD. I have all three tuners S/T/C.
Something must have happened with the updated software.
Hmm... all CI-level protected HD channels open also with any new OpenVIX (including 5.3) for me, but CI+ linked channels (in my case e.g. Eurosport HD) do not open - just an error message about "open only with CI+ certified devices". Same thing also happens with newest OpenATV images (published in August 2019), OpenATV from late July 2019 still opens also CI+ protected channels. So it seems the certification criteria are now going deeper and just a separate card reader as a "device" is no longer enough.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top