Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Ultimo] Spiinig Vix Logo When Updating Apollo

StuBFrost

New member
Joined
Feb 21, 2012
Messages
190
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hi

I was on Apollo version 008 and I decided to update to the latest 022 by flashing the image and then doing a settings restore that I had just made with 008.

Once the flash was done I got a constant spinning Vix logo and no further. I then decided to try an older version of Apollo (version 014) and this did the same thing. For the 014 flash I selected not to restore plugins in case that was the issue.

For some reason I didn't do an image backup before the update so the latest backup image I had was a Helios image and once restored this works fine.

1) Are the settings not valid between Apollo versions ? I usually read the release notes and thought that this was OK.

2) I presumed I needed to get the log files for the boot but I didn't know where they are located. Should I try again and get the logs ?

3) Is my only option to do a fresh install and set everything up again manually ?

Thanks

Stu


P.S. I put the versions of what I am using in the support bit at the top but it removed the number and just put Apollo.
 
Try a fresh install then reintroduce your plugins 1 by 1 in case a plugin is the issue.
 
It's more the settings that I wanted to restore that appears to be not working.
 
I guess I'll give that a try but I hate having to start from scratch.
 
Sorted it in the end. Found that something in the etc/enigma2 folder was causing the loop.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top