Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

SSH login help

Tropheus

New member
Joined
Feb 11, 2012
Messages
50
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I have been trying to login to my box using PUTTY via SSH but I cannot find the password? I do not think that I have changed it or created one in error and I have done a total new install since upgrading to the V3.0 image

I can login using Telnet without any password at all, I currently use the username: root and password: dreambox for FTP.access.

My goal is to use RSYNC to backup my recordings to a NAS / ZFS RAID server, I have a feeling that if there is no password currently set on the Ultimo access is denied?

Any help on SSH login would be great.......
 
i believe you must first set a password to use SSH
 
That's what I was beginning to think.

Do you know how to set the password?
 
yes login to a telnet session and use the passwd prompt. passwd not password.
 
Thank you Pheonix that worked....

I now have SSH access.....
 
How do I use SSH on the Vu + Duo instead of telnet?

I have already set the password with telnet
I disabled telnet panel network, but not connect in SSH protocol.

Can anyone help me?


PS: excuse my english
 
Last edited by a moderator:

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top