Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Stream movies from FREENAS (NAS Box) using DLNA via Vu+ Duo

  • Thread starter Thread starter xtreme010
  • Start date Start date
X

xtreme010

Guest
Hey All

Im a newbie to the VU+ so please bear with me.

Im trying to setup my VU+ Duo to access movies i have on my FreeNAS box so that it can be streamed directly and played out on my TV.

I have OpenVIX 3.0.xxx image installed on my VU+ Duo and ave setup UShare too, but now what do i do to get the VU+ to see the movies?

Also what kind of movies can i play back? i have loads of MPEG2, AVI files from my camcoder for example, will that work?

Lastly what is the difference between MiniDLNA and Ushare? Which one should i use?

I apologise in advance if the question sounds stupid, i have searched the forums for this but havent really got the answers.

I have setup DLNA/UPNP on my FreeNAS and know its working as i can stream from it to my mobile, but this is the last bit i need to get working (I think) :)

Thanks for your help!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
with the DLNA client I know you should see your server in /media/upnp (or something similar). When you found your server and go inside the directory you should see the content. If freenas support NFS it would be better to share the video/picture/audio directories via NFS and mount it in the DUO.

The DUO plays MPEG2 and AVI but not all. Especially movies from camcorder often use special formats like mjpeg to store audio/video and this might cause problems.

ciao
 
ok thanks, where do i go (on VU+ box) to search the for the media server though?
 
Hi,
I have not tested it but the plugin DLNABrowser from the feed sounds interesting.

ciao
 
i did try that before but it kept on crashing VIX. but that was before i had ushare configured and setup.

I will giveit a try and if im successful i will leave some feedback for any other people wondering about how this works.

Thanks for all your help!

:)
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top