Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo2] Streaming via OpenWebif and jumping/skipping in time

panch

New member
Joined
Feb 8, 2014
Messages
61
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
49
Location
Odense, Denmark
Hi all,

When I stream recordings over WebIf and using VLC, it's not possible to jump to a specific time in the recording. Is this a general problem or something that can be solved?

Best regards,

Carsten
 
When I stream recordings over WebIf and using VLC, it's not possible to jump to a specific time in the recording.
I can (vlc on Linux, Xtrend et8000 or Miraclebox Twin box, but doubt that would affect things).

Well, I can within the accuracy of where I can click in the time-line across the bottom.
 
I can (vlc on Linux, Xtrend et8000 or Miraclebox Twin box, but doubt that would affect things).

Well, I can within the accuracy of where I can click in the time-line across the bottom.

I think the OP was referring to the VLC menu item Menu -> Playback -> Jump to specific time which doesn't work with my ET10000 and Webif streaming to VLC

Like you, I can click on the bottom time line at any point and the video will jump and play from that position.
 
The goto feature in Media Player Classic works ok when streaming from OpenWebif.
 
When I stream recordings over WebIf and using VLC, it's not possible to jump to a specific time in the recording. Is this a general problem or something that can be solved?
Just might be a bug in vlc?

I've just streamed a programme and skipped using the time-bar (which works). That sends an HTTP request mid-stream to request a new byte range. (Ran a network trace to look for it).
When I requested jumping to a specific time no HTTP request was sent at all.

Code:
https://trac.videolan.org/vlc/ticket/21790#ticket
 
Last edited:

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top