B
barn606
Guest
Hello,
Great site, Recently bought a VU duo from the Sponsor and have managed to get it all set up for my family using the info provided here. epg, cam networking etc all good.
Have found one issue that there doesn't seem to be much info on though (or it could be my bad searching).
I have a relatively poor internet historically so i have had a dedicated server for some time (lots of vids, music on it). I normally stream them back from the server using subsonic to lower the bitrate. (hxxp://www.subsonic.org).
as the Vu Duo doesn't run java (to my knowledge) how best do I gain access to my server files from a menu in the duo (is it possible?) (so dont have to have the laptop plugged in as well)
note I have full root access to the ubuntu server so can install anything I might need.
what is the best approach, ftp, smb ?
note my internet has improved in the last 6 months (new estate being built) I now have a stable 2 mb connection (enough to stream iplayer etc)
I would rather not have to download each file before starting to watch etc.
thankfull for any help given
Barn
Great site, Recently bought a VU duo from the Sponsor and have managed to get it all set up for my family using the info provided here. epg, cam networking etc all good.
Have found one issue that there doesn't seem to be much info on though (or it could be my bad searching).
I have a relatively poor internet historically so i have had a dedicated server for some time (lots of vids, music on it). I normally stream them back from the server using subsonic to lower the bitrate. (hxxp://www.subsonic.org).
as the Vu Duo doesn't run java (to my knowledge) how best do I gain access to my server files from a menu in the duo (is it possible?) (so dont have to have the laptop plugged in as well)
note I have full root access to the ubuntu server so can install anything I might need.
what is the best approach, ftp, smb ?
note my internet has improved in the last 6 months (new estate being built) I now have a stable 2 mb connection (enough to stream iplayer etc)
I would rather not have to download each file before starting to watch etc.
thankfull for any help given
Barn