Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo2] Stuck on "Checking USB" during OpenVix flash

touriga

New member
Joined
Feb 13, 2011
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Points
1
My Vu+ Duo2 box arrived today. After some initial setting it up (scanning for channels and checking it all lworked) I tried to flash openvix-3.0.806-vuduo2_usb. I followed the guide at http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?29577-How-to-flash-a-Vu-Duo2-by-USB

I am trying to flash openvix-3.0.806-vuduo2_usb.
However, after starting it is stuck on the "Checking USB" step and has been stuck like this for several hours.

I am nervous to touch the USB or power switch. What can I do that won't risk bricking my brand new box and that will get me running again.

Any help would be very greatly appreciated.
 
Thank you Silican.
So, no danger of bricking by simply powering off? That's good news.
As a matter of interest the stick I am using is the same one i have used for years on my Vu+Duo which died a week ago.
I formatted it to FAT32 using the HP format tool.
Anyway I'll try another stick and start over.

One thing: I didn't update the bootloader first (I had intended to but then ended up using the guide referred to above which didn't mention the bootloader.

I will update the bootloader first when I try again. Is this a good idea? I see there is a separate guide to this (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...ur-Vu-Duo2-bootloader&highlight=flashing+duo2 )
 
All up and running. Thanks again Sicilian.

Some notes on the outcome ...
  • I did a full format of my USB stick using the HP format utility. i.e. not just a "quick format".
  • Wifi was a pain to set up. I have set my wifi at home configured to not broadcast its ssid. This usually works fine and was indeed ok on the Vu+Duo. Even although one of the Wifi adapter settings on the Duo2 includes "hidden" ssid: Y/N nothing I could do would get it to work with the ssid hidden. Eventually I accepted that I would switch ssid broadcasting on.

Otherwise everything ok so far.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top