Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo2] Subtitle downloader plugin problem

bwj

New member
Joined
Sep 28, 2013
Messages
32
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Struggling to install subsdownloader2 plugin for subtitle search/download

I get error message

*satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for enigma2-plugin-extensions-subsdownloader2:
* gst-plugins-good_flv*
* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package enigma2-plugin-extensions-subsdownloader2. Execution finished!


I've tried uninstalling all plugins that might be linked to "flv" but am not getting anywhere. Any help would be appreciated.

Going to try an update to Hades 14 too
 
OK - that worked - thanks very much!
 
Quick question though now that I have it working. I used to have a subtitle downloader that would get subtitles for live movies as they play, rather having to record them then search for the subtitles. Anybody recall the plugin or got it working with Hades?
 
.... or some configuration tips for Subs-downloader? If eg I use opensubtitles as the search server it won't find anything. To give an example when recording "The Bank Job" on channel 4 it is saved as "/media/hdd/movie/Film4 - The Bank Job.ts" so the database doesn't recognise the title which starts with "Film 4". I can't see how to amend the title in the plugin configuration settings to search for the official title. Same thing happens with a lot of translated movie titles.
 
Try Menu -> Setup -> System -> Recording and playback settings -> Composition of the recording filenames = Event name first (or other options)
Or a better subs downloader, sorry can't recommend any.
 
Aren't recording done with the subtitles included? Couldn't you just turn them on by pressing [Audio] twice and then [OK] or am I missing something?
 
Aren't recording done with the subtitles included? Couldn't you just turn them on by pressing [Audio] twice and then [OK] or am I missing something?

only the subs that are broadcast, not all languages.
 
oh ok, I've been trying out Subtitle player by DD which works quite well, I've attached the ipk file.
A manual can be found here
Code:
http://www.krkadoni.com/log/wp-content/uploads/downloads/2010/11/DDamir-Subtitle-Player-V3.01-english-tutorial.pdf
There seems to be a little bug with it, once you've configured it, if you start it, you get your EPG and then select the movie you want the subtitles for, then press [OK] and then [Exit] to go back (I think you are meant to keep pressing [OK] but if you do it crashes), you can then press the green button to download them.
Once downloaded you can press [blue] to start and then press [5] to try and find the location of where you are in the movie (can take a while) once you've found the location you press [ok] twice. This is all explained in the manual though.

To install the IPK file copy/FTP it to your box for example to the /tmp directory and then from a telnet session run
Code:
cd /tmp
opkg install enigma2-plugin-extensions-subtitleplayer_3.29_all.ipk
View attachment enigma2-plugin-extensions-subtitleplayer_3.29_all.ipk
 
Thanks ArowonA that's above and beyond the call of duty - I'd looked at krkadoni's plugin (think I had it on older version of Vix) but couldn't work out how to install it

- will give it a try tonight. Judge is right - I'm looking for non broadcast subtitles so eg if I watch a French movie (usually they only broadcast French for the deaf subtitles) I can try and find some English subtitles
 
No worries, I didn't even know it was possible and as I'm learning Spanish, it's handy being able to watch English movies with Spanish subtitles
 
The other half is French so it's useful to have French subs for English films and vice versa;)
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top