Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Subtitles in VIX 1.1

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cha0s
  • Start date Start date
C

Cha0s

Guest
Hi everyone :wave:

I was wondering if it's possible to run subtitles automatically if they are in the same directory with a recorded movie or with a movie on my hdd. And also if there is a way to set the subtitle font to Central European so that some special characters show up correctly (sometimes I'm watching movies with Romanian subtitle) :cool:
 
I also noticed that if you forward trough the movie subtitles dissapear and won't work anymore. Can this be fixed ? :(
 
For using subtitles on e2 you have to convert it to UTF-8
For that use notepad2
- Start a notepad2 and then ------ File> Open and open the subtitle
- Now again set like on image and save like new subtitle or just save.

screenshotnj.jpg


Put the movie in same directory and they have to have the same name - like this
example.mkv
example.srt

Now just start subtitle on subtitle or audio button (not shure on which one)

screenshot1pk.jpg


screenshot2nf.jpg


For right aspect ratio put Displays > 16:9 displays as leterbox

72415547.jpg


If you want i can put here a media player patch by DDamir that automaticly convert subtitle on UTF-8 but you can not use it on removable storage with NTFS format (must be fat32 or ext2/3/4) because enigma can not wrote on NTFS and then crashes.
 
Hey Zupy ... thank you for the reply.

I always did all what you have mentioned above but my subtitles work only if I start them and I leave the movie without forwarding trough it. If i push 3,6,9 buttons to skip parts of the movie the subtitle just disappears and it won't work anymore. Am I the only one experiencing this ? :) I also have to remove all special charactres from my language (Romanian - ă,ţ,ş etc.) for subtitles to show up correctly.
 
I know about this bugs in e2 - maybie it will be possible to solve this problem with ddamir subtitle player (not use default enigma subtitle player but automatically use ddamir sub player). This option is not in next release but in future release is in plan.
 
For me solving these problems would make my Vu+ the ultimate home theatre box ... at the moment I'm watching movies from my PC but I would really love to watch them from Vu and avoid having all those nasty codec problems :)
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top