Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo2] Surround sound over optical and stereo over HDMI?

  • Thread starter Thread starter chapperlin
  • Start date Start date
C

chapperlin

Guest
Sorry if this isnt the right section but would like to know if it is possible to send the surround sound over optical and at the same time send stereo over HDMI?

I have my vu+duo2 connected to a HDMI splitter which sends one signal to my Sony amp(then hdmi from amp to tv) in the living room and the other goes to a HDMI matrix which feeds the TV's in the bedrooms upstairs.
I also want to connect my vu+ duo2 to my amp with an optical cable so as to try and get it set up so i dont have to mess with the audio setting - ie - switching the downmix on and off.

Had this set up on my sky hd box and you could choose 5.1 to go over optical and stereo over HDMI (at the same time) and it worked perfectly.

Would it be possible to set it up the same way on the vu+ duo2?
If this is not possible would it be possible to implement it in a future build?

Thanks
Charlie.
 
Hi,
VU hardware or driver but its due to VU not ViX.

ciao
 
First I apologize because I am new to Vu+ Duo2. My background is 11y usage of VDR and I just got Duo2. And I immediately encountered to this HDMI/SPDIF problem.

Why ALSA is installed on flash if it is not used? On ALSA files (usr/share/alsa/pcm) I can see dmix, hdmi and iec958 files.

Code:
/usr/share/alsa/pcm# ls
center_lfe.conf  [B]dmix.conf[/B]        dsnoop.conf      [B]hdmi.conf[/B]        modem.conf       side.conf        surround41.conf  surround51.conf
default.conf     dpl.conf         front.conf       [B]iec958.conf[/B]      rear.conf        surround40.conf  surround50.conf  surround71.conf

So my question is that is ALSA used for downmixing and with special configuration pipe downmixed only to HDMI-output and send original to SPDIF (iec958)?

I this is true that ALSA is used and ALSA sees separate outputs for optical and hdmi ports, then it should be possible.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top