Turn on logs, reboot and go through the process again. Then post your log.
Turn on logs, reboot and go through the process again. Then post your log.
For your information: I just created and enabled a swapfile on both the internal HDD and an USB-stick using the ViX Swap-manager (DUO2 on build 711).
And I deleted them again ....
chaser, you mention that you have the same error message show with just the hdd ext4 connected... Did you try manually creating a swap on here?!
Could it possibly be a problem with 4tb drive not allow swap as well? What happens if you create 2 x 2tb partitions, and then try to create a swap file on one of the partitions?
As I said previously, I wanted to understand what the problem was, in case it was going to affect anything else in my box.
As it turns out, this may well be the case. A 4tb drive doesn't appear to work terribly well with the swap file function, so this has probably not been tested before (including boxes where the swap function may be more appropriate?). Have any other HDD functions been tested on a 4tb drive? I don't want to start running into problems with recordings not working as the HDD gets filled. I'm happy to be the guinea pig and support development, but I get the feeling that some of the mods and testers aren't too interested, and are quite dismissive.