Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo] Swapping USB device and on screen channel info

  • Thread starter Thread starter maj3091
  • Start date Start date
M

maj3091

Guest
Hi,

Just updated to new Vix3.0 image and all working pretty well so far, but I have a couple of questions, but not sure if they're Vix related or Solo.

  1. I'm using a USB memory stick for my EPG. It was the first one to hand (normal size 1Gb) and I've just purchased a couple of the low profile ones (16Gb). Is there a particular procedure to follow for swapping these around?
  2. On my previous release, I used to see all the satellite details on the "channel info" screen (frequency, resolution etc.), but I appear to have lost that on the new image. Is there a menu option to turn that back on?
  3. Related to question 2, is there a manual available for the Vix images, to explain some of the menu options?


Thanks in advance.
 
Moved to the correct section and tagged.

1. Not sure what you mean.
2 Press ok twice, use 2nd infobar.
3. No, but loads of info in the forum.
 
Moved to the correct section and tagged.

1. Not sure what you mean.
2 Press ok twice, use 2nd infobar.
3. No, but loads of info in the forum.

Thanks for the answers to 2 and 3. Sorry for not explaining myself regarding item 1. Maybe I'm worrying about nothing. I just want to swap my current USB device, with a new one, without affecting anything. I just need clarification if it's just as simple as swapping them over and redownloading the EPG, or should I copy the data from the old one to the new one beforehand?

I basically cocked up my previous build by having EPG running against internal flash, so now I'm up running against USB, but I used the first one to hand and just want to replace it with a new one.

Hope that makes sense this time.

Thanks again.
 
Just shut down the Solo, swap the stick and boot. Then you should format the stick using HDD entry in main menu (alternatively via telnet "mkfs.ext4 /dev/sda1" and then mount it in using mount manager in Vix menu as "/media/usb". Then download your epg to the usb and fine it is.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top