Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo SE] Telnet Question

^^COMPASS^^

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2011
Messages
268
Reaction score
3
Points
18
Age
60
Has something changed in build 0.13 to safeguard Telnet function outside your network,

my wife was wanting some movie's adding to the above mentioned box in our Caravan,
I opened a team viewer session with my good lady, while she was at the caravan which would give me access to the router thus allowing myself to open the necessary ports filtered of course!

I noticed telnet said connected then disconnected?
I did manage to ftp the movies that she wanted & then promptly closed the ports again & closed the team viewer session.

I'm just curious as to why Telnet connects only on LAN?
 
Because it is highly insecure (and can not be secured).
Open Telnet on such devices has been the root cause for multiple internet and telephony (VoIP) outtages in the past.

If you need shell (and/or file) access from outside use ssh, preferably using key auth not just login:pass.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N910F mit Tapatalk
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top