Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

How To Stream TV To iPhone & iPad & PC & Others...

HD are an issue but TBH on a small screen SD is like HD in most cases anyway.
 
Hi, I've been using Dreambox Live with my ET9200 the last 2 weeks and everything was good until I flashed the latest VIX image 2.4 onto the box. Now I am unable to get the picture to stream from the box to iPad and iPhone although it will swipe and change channel on the iPad and I get a list of bouquets with the channel lists and can select one and it will try to change channel but then I always get Connection failed, perhaps all tuners are occupied. I am using the same ports as before and have Open webif setup as :
Open webinterface enables-yes, Http port-00080, Enable http auth-no, XBMC-yes. Also I have port forwarded ports 21,23,80 and 8001 on the router. The tuners arent occupied and have tried disconnecting everything else but no luck. Everything was ok before, am I missing something?? Any ideas anyone?
Thanks.
 
hi m8 i use Dreambox Live on my i phone4s in host or (1) ip i put my dreambox ip(2) labl my dreambox (3)zap mirror quality low (4)web-interface port 80 (5)streaming port 8001 (6) username root and password is password (7)cache 2500 (8) force audio off after i don it say connection failed please check your wifi connection and entered data ? please anyone help me?
 
hi can anyone help... i have an xtrend et9200 that i use and have set up a dyndns account to view streams at work. the problem is it glitches im on 40mb download 10mb upload at home and similar speed at work. could it be my laptop? its an acer which is about 3 years old..if so is it the processor? or could it be my vlc settings...am i better off upgrading to the 78mb superfast broadband? am stuck guys would appreciate some help!
 
im trying to use vu+ player on my iphone 5 ios 6.1
want to stream from my vu+duo running vix in the house
have set up the setting
ip
port 80
user name
and password also entered
cache 2500
it says connection failed on my phone
i can open the bouquet
i can connect to webif on my mobile by typing the ip in the safari web browser on the phone
what am i doing wrong
 
could this process work from a skybox f3 to iphone using dreambox live app over a home wireless network?
 
different settings with netgear router

i have a netgear N150 wireless router, model DGN1000

i looked for virtual firewall server but i dont have one. the only firewall rules option i have is in the screen shot below

Screen Shot 2013-05-24 at 07.51.16.webp

what do i need to edit?

thanks
 
i have a netgear N150 wireless router, model DGN1000

i looked for virtual firewall server but i dont have one. the only firewall rules option i have is in the screen shot below

View attachment 26098



what do i need to edit?

thanks


is it add service?

Screen Shot 2013-05-24 at 08.04.47.webp

if so what would the settings be

i am on vix latest image

openwebif on 8001
transcoding on 8002

thanks
 
you need to add a service first then select it as a firewall rule. if you are looking to port foward then use this.
hxxp://support.herefilefile.com/entries/171529-How-to-Forward-Ports-on-a-NetGear-WNR1000-v2
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Okay i am stuck and need some help please. i Have
OpenViX3.0.664 kernel 3.3.8 installed on a Vu+ Solo2. I have setup a noip account. enabled OpenWebInterface set the http port to 1980 and the streaming port to 8002, i have installed inadyn and configured it and enabled the transcoding plugin to port 8002 (same as streaming port) everything works fine on my LAN. but when i attempt to stream via WAN it fails in the media player, i can access my epg fine but when i click on the tv to stream it fails, i have tried both media player and vlc player and neither has worked. Also i can download and play recorded programs fine
 
you need to add a service first then select it as a firewall rule. if you are looking to port foward then use this.
hxxp://support.herefilefile.com/entries/171529-How-to-Forward-Ports-on-a-NetGear-WNR1000-v2


it says select a lower and a higher port number

so is the port 80 or 8001?

thanks
 
Okay i am stuck and need some help please. i Have
OpenViX3.0.664 kernel 3.3.8 installed on a Vu+ Solo2. I have setup a noip account. enabled OpenWebInterface set the http port to 1980 and the streaming port to 8002, i have installed inadyn and configured it and enabled the transcoding plugin to port 8002 (same as streaming port) everything works fine on my LAN. but when i attempt to stream via WAN it fails in the media player, i can access my epg fine but when i click on the tv to stream it fails, i have tried both media player and vlc player and neither has worked. Also i can download and play recorded programs fine


My problem is exactly the same as yours, everything works as it should on my LAN but for some unknown reason every time I switch to 3G I get an error on both VLC, Daroon and MX Player. Everything else on 3G works as it should - Channel Listings, Box Commands, Sending Messages and watching recorded programs all work perfectly. I even set up and Dyndns account just to see if No-Ip was the cause but no. If anyone has any other suggestions I'd love to try them as I have run out of ideas now.

Regards

Jigsy
 
Seems like everything is working now, no idea what I did but I get all channels playing at work no problem. My only two other problems are the sound will not come on when viewing channels and if I forget the stop the program in Dreamdroid I can't connect to the box again for at least 10 minutes and I have no idea why that is.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
 
Hi guys,
I can stream to my (XP) PC pretty solidly using VLC from OpenWebIf, but I have an airplay dongle that ideally I would like to onwards push the stream to. For other things, iTunes enables me to push video reliably to my old 2005 plasma with the dongle in it. I am guessing there are other people on here that are streaming to ipads etc.

So I wondered if any readers of this thread have encountered and conquered this issue. I have 3 questions I wonder if anyone could answer.
1. Does anyone know if there are streaming apps compatible with Solo2 Vix 3. image to iOS that support the airplay push function?
2. Or as my dongle has an IP address, is there an option to 'send' from my Vu+ solo2 Vix 3.0 directly to the rendering dongle?
3. Is there a technique to stream from OpenWebIf to iTunes.... I try Open with iTunes.. function and I just get an audio track with great buffering and then like a tape recorded on fastforward play (remember those?)

I've just tested Vu+ player, great but no push. e2 Remote pro seems to support internal or GoodPlayer. dreaMote Lite I cannot 'see' an option to stream or in paid for dreaMote unless it is Custom Stream URL. I download more streaming apps but they don't appear available to selectin e2 remote. any suggestions?

Cheers
 
Using Dreambox Live, now called Blackbox Live and £2.49 for iPad, does it stream the satellite radio channels? I use the Vu+ iPad app which is just fine for video but I can't get any of the radio channels, which are what I want most when I'm working in my shed.
 
Not sure about radio stations as I've never tried to stream them but an alternative is the free tunein app. Has has thousands of stations from all over the globe.
 
Hi, does anyone know how to port forward on the BT Home Hub? I've got to the relevant settings page but it says I have to choose a program to port forward. It doesn't seem like I can just create a port.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top