Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[GiGaBlue UHD UE 4K] Terrestrial Tuner fails on startup

dubrov

New member
Joined
Apr 16, 2015
Messages
76
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hi,

I have a Gigablue UHD UE 4k with Sat tuners and extra dual terrestrial tuners.

Sat tuners are hooked up to a Unicable Multiswitch (SP-ISKY-UST110-CUO4O) and all working well with 8 feeds.

The problem is that the terrestrial channels all show tuner failed on startup.
If I switch to a SAT channel and back they all work fine.
Its like the switch needs power and it only gets it when I switch to a Sat channel.

I have another TV with direct legacy connections to the same switch. If I switch startup the Gigablue on a terrestrial channel (with tuner failed) and then switch on the other television, the Gigablue terrestrial channels appear. I guess this supports the power theory.

In the Gigablue terrestrial (and satellite) tuners, I have enabled the setting to power the antenna but still no joy.

Does anyone have any ideas how to resolve this?

Thanks
 
Freeview or Saorview should not need a power feed but remember very early mmds boxes needed to power the aerial.

What way is service connected to box inside or outside aerial.
 
extra dual terrestrial tuners? Usb or gigablue plugin tuner, if so which?
 
Thanks.

The switch is fed from an external aerial (and quattro LNB). The sat and aerial signals are combined in all outputs.
Two of the outputs are fed directly into the Gigablue (i.e. not split into SAT and Terretrial again).

The multiswitch has a small switch on it to allow aerial amplification. I think it is only applicable if I feed it a power supply directly (which I don't). I have tried both anyway with no joy.


The tuners are the PnP ones from Gigablue (not usb).

Once a terrestrial channel is working once, I can switch between them without issue.
 
Just to clarify do you have power to the Multiswitch SP-ISKY-UST110-CUO4O and if not have you tried? I always use a separate power supply to my switches.
 
Just to clarify do you have power to the Multiswitch SP-ISKY-UST110-CUO4O and if not have you tried? I always use a separate power supply to my switches.

No, I don't have any direct power to the multiswitch. Power comes from the receiver(s).

I am almost certain that a power supply will fix my issue but was hoping to avoid the cost.
I think Inverto have their own custom ac adapter connector and charge a fair bit for it.
 
Does it help by having a satellite startup channel?
 
Does it help by having a satellite startup channel?
Genius. I should have thought of that myself. I've just set it to start in bbc one on satellite.

It will still occur if I go to an iptv channel and back but I think I can live with that. If not, I'll get a power adapter.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
 
Genius. I should have thought of that myself. I've just set it to start in bbc one on satellite.

It will still occur if I go to an iptv channel and back but I think I can live with that. If not, I'll get a power adapter.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

What happens if you have a terrestrial recording, waking up from deep standby (and then dropping back to standby).

By my reckoning it should be ok, but probably worth checking.
 
What happens if you have a terrestrial recording, waking up from deep standby (and then dropping back to standby).

By my reckoning it should be ok, but probably worth checking.

I gave it a quick try of recording from standby last night and all went well. I would've thought it would be the same issue but it appears not.
 
The manual says it will accept a Sky power adapter. Please double check.

Abu, would you be able to link to a Sky power adapter or similar?
I can't seem to find anything on WoS or even Ebay.

If they are cheap and the specs match I might give one a go.
 
Just to update on this, I bought a power supply but not the one recommended by Abu as the specs were a little different than the manual suggested.
In the end I went for an item with ID 283812434222 on that same popular auction site.
All working well and no more tuner errors on the terrestrial channels.

I'd still see it as a bug though as my old Samsung TV worked fine powering the multiswitch itself
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top