Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Testers required for OpenViX Python 3 images

Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea which patch you mean. I don't recall a patch that changed eit.

No obvious pattern with the numbers.
Code:
0000 0001 1011 0100 = 436
0100 0001 0110 0111 = 16743

There was a patch from Lraizer for the OpenTV reader code which corrected the handling of the Event Id when the EPG was being populated. IIRC there was some "random" generation of the Event Id which caused it not to match with the Event Id in the now/next EIT data. CrossEPG was extracting the Event Id correctly, but OpenTV reader was not. @gort brought up the issue initially when he discovered that the data was different and VPS was failing for him. I was just wondering if the Freesat reader code was doing the same as the OpenTv code and was never corrected?

I suspect that 5.4 may also have a similar issue, but haven't got around to testing it yet.
 
Freesat, OpenTV, and Now/Next all returned the same EventID after the patch. This was checked at the time by myself and also by ABU as shown below. Have Freesat changed their EventID and it now no longer matches the others?
Code:
https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?62706-EPG-Refresh-iEPG-and-VPS&p=508640&viewfull=1#post508640
 
Ok - loaded dev 5.4 image. Here's a comparison between Freesat and OpenTV on ITV2+1

Code:
Freesat EPG 5.4

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<timers>
<timer begin="1628377200" end="1628379300" serviceref="1:0:1:27B5:805:2:11A0000:0:0:0:" repeated="0" rename_repeat="1" name="Family Guy" description="This Little Piggy: Meg is thrilled to be recruited as a model, but it turns out to be for a very specific type of modelling. Meanwhile, Brian accompanies Stewie on an adventure. [AD,S] S14 Ep10" afterevent="auto" justplay="0" always_zap="0" pipzap="0" conflict_detection="1" descramble="1" record_ecm="0" isAutoTimer="0" eit="26041" tags="Family_Guy"/>
</timers>



OpenTV EPG 5.4

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<timers>
<timer begin="1628377200" end="1628379300" serviceref="1:0:1:27B5:805:2:11A0000:0:0:0:" repeated="0" rename_repeat="1" name="Family Guy" description="This Little Piggy: Meg is thrilled to be recruited as a model, but it turns out to be for a very specific type of modelling. Meanwhile, Brian accompanies Stewie on an adventure. S14 Ep10" afterevent="auto" justplay="0" always_zap="0" pipzap="0" conflict_detection="1" descramble="1" record_ecm="0" isAutoTimer="0" eit="89" tags="&#134;Family_Guy&#135;"/>
<timers>

Completely different Event Id (or "eit=" in the timers.xml file) and UTF characters in the tags description in the OpenTV EPG data.
 
Freesat, OpenTV, and Now/Next all returned the same EventID after the patch. This was checked at the time by myself and also by ABU as shown below. Have Freesat changed their EventID and it now no longer matches the others?
Code:
https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?62706-EPG-Refresh-iEPG-and-VPS&p=508640&viewfull=1#post508640

Maybe you are right that Freesat have changed their EventID, but only on some transponders, maybe? I notice that my issues on ITV2 and ITV2+1 are on transponders that have been moved recently. I can't find a consistent mismatch on every transponder/channel. Sometimes VPS works, sometimes it doesn't. The problem goes away if I disable Freesat EPG reading and stick with OpenTV reader exclusively.
 
I think I see evidence of the strange control characters, that I blame for some of my weird problems, in the tags field at the end of Joe_90's OpenTV example.
 
I think I see evidence of the strange control characters, that I blame for some of my weird problems, in the tags field at the end of Joe_90's OpenTV example.

I haven't noticed any particular ill effects caused by the UTF characters in the tags field, but the discrepancy between the EventID values in Freesat and OpenTV EPG data causes an issue for VPS users. EventID is not used in normal (non-VPS) timers and autotimers, so the vast majority of users wouldn't notice it.

I'm away on a week's holiday from later today, so won't be active on the forum until the 15th, unless I get bored and log in:D
 
Ok - loaded dev 5.4 image. Here's a comparison between Freesat and OpenTV on ITV2+1

Code:
Freesat EPG 5.4

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<timers>
<timer begin="1628377200" end="1628379300" serviceref="1:0:1:27B5:805:2:11A0000:0:0:0:" repeated="0" rename_repeat="1" name="Family Guy" description="This Little Piggy: Meg is thrilled to be recruited as a model, but it turns out to be for a very specific type of modelling. Meanwhile, Brian accompanies Stewie on an adventure. [AD,S] S14 Ep10" afterevent="auto" justplay="0" always_zap="0" pipzap="0" conflict_detection="1" descramble="1" record_ecm="0" isAutoTimer="0" eit="26041" tags="Family_Guy"/>
</timers>



OpenTV EPG 5.4

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<timers>
<timer begin="1628377200" end="1628379300" serviceref="1:0:1:27B5:805:2:11A0000:0:0:0:" repeated="0" rename_repeat="1" name="Family Guy" description="This Little Piggy: Meg is thrilled to be recruited as a model, but it turns out to be for a very specific type of modelling. Meanwhile, Brian accompanies Stewie on an adventure. S14 Ep10" afterevent="auto" justplay="0" always_zap="0" pipzap="0" conflict_detection="1" descramble="1" record_ecm="0" isAutoTimer="0" eit="89" tags="†Family_Guy‡"/>
<timers>

Completely different Event Id (or "eit=" in the timers.xml file) and UTF characters in the tags description in the OpenTV EPG data.

Comparison between Freesat and OpenTV? This looks more like a comparison between Freesat and EIT now/next, as only EIT now/next sends the titles with these emphasis select chars "<EM>..</EM>" in the title names as you have here in the tags. Enigma2 uses buildShortName in estring.cpp to return the text between these control chars. But this is not being done here by whatever is creating this timer entry.
 
I'm not concerned with the data in the tags field as it doesn't seem to affect anything. It's the EventID values in the field marked "eit" that are different between OpenTV and Freesat EPG.
 
Ok - loaded dev 5.4 image. Here's a comparison between Freesat and OpenTV on ITV2+1

Code:
Freesat EPG 5.4

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<timers>
<timer begin="1628377200" end="1628379300" serviceref="1:0:1:27B5:805:2:11A0000:0:0:0:" repeated="0" rename_repeat="1" name="Family Guy" description="This Little Piggy: Meg is thrilled to be recruited as a model, but it turns out to be for a very specific type of modelling. Meanwhile, Brian accompanies Stewie on an adventure. [AD,S] S14 Ep10" afterevent="auto" justplay="0" always_zap="0" pipzap="0" conflict_detection="1" descramble="1" record_ecm="0" isAutoTimer="0" eit="26041" tags="Family_Guy"/>
</timers>



OpenTV EPG 5.4

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<timers>
<timer begin="1628377200" end="1628379300" serviceref="1:0:1:27B5:805:2:11A0000:0:0:0:" repeated="0" rename_repeat="1" name="Family Guy" description="This Little Piggy: Meg is thrilled to be recruited as a model, but it turns out to be for a very specific type of modelling. Meanwhile, Brian accompanies Stewie on an adventure. S14 Ep10" afterevent="auto" justplay="0" always_zap="0" pipzap="0" conflict_detection="1" descramble="1" record_ecm="0" isAutoTimer="0" eit="89" tags="†Family_Guy‡"/>
<timers>

Completely different Event Id (or "eit=" in the timers.xml file) and UTF characters in the tags description in the OpenTV EPG data.

The programme descriptions are slightly different, maybe they are classed as different programmes?
 
Not for VPS - it uses the EventID. I get a message - EVENT_ENDED before the programme starts, so VPS has detected that the "correct" EventID is not present. I'm off now for a week. :cool:
 
Not for VPS - it uses the EventID. I get a message - EVENT_ENDED before the programme starts, so VPS has detected that the "correct" EventID is not present. I'm off now for a week. :cool:

As I said, if the programmes are "different", then their EventID's will be different. A bit like programmes with and without Sign Language.
 
I'm not concerned with the data in the tags field as it doesn't seem to affect anything. It's the EventID values in the field marked "eit" that are different between OpenTV and Freesat EPG.

That is not the point.

The presence of those control characters suggest that the "Freesat" entry isn't from Freesat.

This is confirmed further up in post #577 where the control characters can only be seen in the "now/nest" entry.
 
That is not the point.

The presence of those control characters suggest that the "Freesat" entry isn't from Freesat.

This is confirmed further up in post #577 where the control characters can only be seen in the "now/nest" entry.
So who sends now/next data? Someone/thing has to be putting it there.
 
.... but if, say, you have a box with sat, cable and aerial tuners, and only one tuner is currently active, won't the now/next depend on which provider it's tuned to?

Or are all tuners "running" and being processed at all times? I'd find that hard to believe.
 
Last edited:
Or are all tuners "running" and being processed at all times? I'd find that hard to believe.

I guess tuners getting ready to record will be classed as "active".
 
When using VPS a tuner is in use at a predefined time before recording is scheduled to start. It can't monitor the event change otherwise
 
... yes, I reckon I'd worked that out in my previous post.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top